Any one going to brave the cold this weekend?

Dales

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It also lookstoo be a very lean barbel.

yes it does look painfully thin

i would agree with those who think it was not in good health before it was bitten

Azree

Let us see rather that like Janus—or better, like Yama, the Brahmin god of death—religion has two faces, one very friendly, one very gloomy...” Arthur Schopenhaur

I think that to often dead fish that have been scavenged are automatically assumed to have been killed by what ever scavenged them.

...and in the case of fish like barbel and pike, it might not be a great idea to uncover the true cause of death, as the guilty party might walk on 2 legs rather than 4 ;)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

...and in the case of fish like barbel and pike, it might not be a great idea to uncover the true cause of death, as the guilty party might walk on 2 legs rather than 4 ;)

So very true. Sad how a lot of anglers are so quick to point accusingly at a creature that does what it does to live yet are totally blinded to the consequences of their own actions.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

A load of snow overnight that's already mostly melted - so another weekend of rivers full of snow melt. Bah :(

Anything but snow melt, please! I'm not sure what to do this weekend now...

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

A load of snow overnight that's already mostly melted - so another weekend of rivers full of snow melt. Bah :(

Anything but snow melt, please! I'm not sure what to do this weekend now...

The snow melt has put pay to todays plans but on a positive found this place, so not all bad.

I will be out next weekend what ever the weather.

Spent today chasing Chub with Thames Steve and Rusty ,Rusty grabbed the prime spot then missed the best bite of the day :rolleyes: ,Bites were hard to come by very cold late on and no fish hey ho it was nice in the sunshine earlier on

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

I tried the windrush but it's a sad sight. A trickle over the gravel. If anyone really believes otters are to blame for the river's problems they need new glasses. I then went to the Evenlode and had some nice dace, it was hard work though. I will probably try for the big Thames chub tomorrow but the snow melt will make it hard.