Any one going to brave the cold this weekend?

Dales

Just got back from a couple of hours chubbing on the Thames with Steve, it was very cold and only a special venue will tempt me out again this weekend, I think I'll be watching the rugby instead.

There's fun to be had though, Steve had 3-12 and I had a 4-15.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All,

A good old fashioned frog strangler ended any hopes for even going to the river this weekend. Temps dropped also.

Rusty,

I guess you forgot. This is SUPER BOWL XLVII weekend. Sunday at around 6pm my time. That would be midnight for you. Surely you'll stay up for the superbowl?

Phone

All,

A good old fashioned frog strangler ended any hopes for even going to the river this weekend. Temps dropped also.

Rusty,

I guess you forgot. This is SUPER BOWL XLVII weekend. Sunday at around 6pm my time. That would be midnight for you. Surely you'll stay up for the superbowl?

Phone

Superbowl is that like a strange shaped superhero?? Ah wait a mo it`s that American version of rugby...where they wear all that body armour...and helmets....just dont mess with the waterboy though :rolleyes:

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Just got back from a couple of hours chubbing on the Thames with Steve, it was very cold and only a special venue will tempt me out again this weekend, I think I'll be watching the rugby instead.

There's fun to be had though, Steve had 3-12 and I had a 4-15.

Wimped out when you just after you left mate it was cold ,Had to dip the net in the water to get it folded up for the quiver :lol: ,Did you go for a pint decked in your romper suit ?? hats off if you did ....once you mentioned a pint of good old boy my will power melted and came home for a beer

Happy chap

thameschub009.jpg

Here is a radiocative one i had from the Kennet the other night

thameschub003.jpg

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

I did used to Phone, every year I'd take the Monday off work with a group of mates and we'd stay up for the Superbowl and a Chinese food feast. This was during the Joe Theismann, Joe Montana and William Perry era. Great days.

Steve, yes I did have a pint of Good Old Boy before setting off. I got some strange looks from a group of Hooray Henrys who'd nabbed the fireside seats so I sat as close as a I could and wafted over the fishy smell.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Rusty,

Well darn!, Here I was looking for some "flack" and found a fan. I am a modest supporter and of course my team is the Kansas City Chiefs where Montana fisnished his career. The most "fun" part of the Superbowl for me is watching the new TV commercials. This year the cost for a 30 second spot ad during the Superbowl is $3,000,000.

On Subject, it lookes like "seasonal weather" has set into the midwest for a while. Really, we desperately need the moisture so no one will complain.

Phone

I did used to Phone, every year I'd take the Monday off work with a group of mates and we'd stay up for the Superbowl and a Chinese food feast. This was during the Joe Theismann, Joe Montana and William Perry era. Great days.

Steve, yes I did have a pint of Good Old Boy before setting off. I got some strange looks from a group of Hooray Henrys who'd nabbed the fireside seats so I sat as close as a I could and wafted over the fishy smell.

Chris were those strange looks from the resident chinless wonders coz you had left your headlight on in red mode :rolleyes: ,In my yoof we used to chase posh totty in that pub in the hope they may be looking for a bit of rough ,sadly they only had eyes for a Rupert with a large inheritance ,Still serves a good pint though .

Braved it again today.. spent the morning piking..not a sniff so went chubbing for the afternoon.. fished 12 swims for 2 chub.. one little'un about 2.8 and a 5.3.

Great photo, Tom :thumbs:

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE