Rain on 15.06.05.

Ken L

Cleared up here about an hour ago - prety much as per the forecast.

As long as there wasn't major deluge up past Shrewsbury, things should be pretty groovy for the weekend.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Total turd up here at the moment! Bet the little beggers are feeding like fury today and starting a fast at midnight. I sit here looking over the Broad and its 'orrible :( Still, low tide mid-day, its not all bad .

Mat Hillman:

grey wet and miserable here in Essex too,  hope it cheers up a bit for tomorrow ;-(

I like it like this, the sun's just shining through, hopefully the fish will get thier heads down.

Got a big tub of hemp to tempt them priory tench and carp into comming out :)

Cheers

<º))))><.·´¯`·.ÐÅѸ.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

IPB Image

idiot here with a question.

what problem does the river rising cause??? or do fish just not feed due to the change??

bedfordshire way we have had pretty constant rain all morning and heavy for last half hour

Most of my fishing is with lures which is kinda visual from the fishes perspective. coloured water makes it hard to spot the lure and means less fish. High water levels also make it hard to locate fish- especially as I'm not a regular closed season bankwalker and the winter floods will have changed loads or features.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

it's pouring down in Lancashire :D:D

Yay - and there's me last night looking at that low River....if this keeps going, it will be well up by Saturday, just how I like it...

tight lines

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

quote:

Originally posted by DJMCJERICO:

I like it like this, the sun's just shining through, hopefully the fish will get thier heads down.

Got a big tub of hemp to tempt them priory tench and carp into comming out :)

Good luck getting a swim at Priory tomorrow unless you are one of the select few - I got there as the park gates opened on the 16th a couple of years ago, to find only one swim vacant . . . .

[ 15. June 2005, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: Mat Hillman ]

Mat

Ken, its going to take a few days of heavy rain to get the Severn moving. The poor things as stale as I`ve ever seen it.

Its going to be tough tomorrow unless you can nail them down. Then again, the Severn is always a slow starter.

wolf.gif

Mat Hillman:

quote:

Originally posted by DJMCJERICO:

Got a big tub of hemp to tempt them priory tench and carp into comming out      :)    

Good luck getting a swim at Priory tomorrow unless you are one of the select few - I got there as the park gates opened on the 16th a couple of years ago,  to find only one swim vacant . . . .

I'm jumping the fench from the road to the right (behind the lake) its only a 4ft gate with a nice padlock foothole

Cheers

IPB Image

You were wise Mat, they let the club fish the night, only swims left were park side, next to the road, they left about 11, but i didn't wanna move.

I had a tench half hour after set-up and nothing else all day.

Bloke next to me fishing casters had 2 bootlace eels on the trot, swapped bait and then just a couple of small roach all day.

Cheers

IPB Image