Would you sell your tackle for love?

Norfolkdipper

I wouldn't, (there's always another way), but for you ......

Yes: If she's not going to let you go fishing any more.............or maybe :-

No: just get her to give you the money - (how much more romantic is that)? :D

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mark

Is this a real situation or just a hypothetical one.

John

Real she is in the philipines. Been talking for 3 yrs now. But as a question it is hypothetical, as my tackle wont cover the taxi to the airport let alone the trip !!!

Never the less it is a thinkiers question, one not to snap an answer to. It would be impossible to recover the full value of tackle, so is the loss worth the love?

Fishing is the most peaceful & solitary group activity a going. Every watewr is different every day, thanks for that as same would be boring....

Real she is in the philipines. Been talking for 3 yrs now. But as a question it is hypothetical, as my tackle wont cover the taxi to the airport let alone the trip !!!

Never the less it is a thinkiers question, one not to snap an answer to. It would be impossible to recover the full value of tackle, so is the loss worth the love?

Hi mark

the real value of an anglers lot is his knowledge.

Quality tackle only helps when trying to outwit difficult conditions and difficult fish but generally your knowledge is what counts. That is priceless and at the same time not worth a penny.

John

to raise money so I can go see the woman I love. So this got me thinking. Would any of you sell your fishing tackle for love? A simple question, but a hard decision to make.

If indeed you are in a loving relationship why would you need to sell your gear?

When she met you you were a fisherman, yes? What do you expect her to give up?

The simple truth about any relationship is to be what you are. If you are a fisherman then be one as I am sure that there are things your girlfriend does that you wouldn't expect her to give up for you.

Anyway why can't she travel to you? We are after all in days of equality.

If you seriously need to raise money then work for it. I am sure she would admire you more for that than selling your possesions.

for love you should do what needs doing and so i would sell all my tackle for love

not sure if i should ask as it is personal things but as you posted on public forum. how well do you know the lady?

is there another way that would not mean selling your tackle? is the plan too sell up everything and move over there?

if questions too personal dont asnswer as not meaning to step over a line or to offend you with wrong questions.

Azree

Let us see rather that like Janus—or better, like Yama, the Brahmin god of death—religion has two faces, one very friendly, one very gloomy...” Arthur Schopenhaur

I love my tackle - as does the Wife - dont think she will hire me out :o

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

I have no idea whether you've ever met the girl in question personally or not but just a word of caution.

The last time I was in Thailand, I found myself in a part of Bangkok that was off the usual tourist track. I needed to access the net so found an internet cafe and was surprised to see that it was mainly being used by stunning local girls (I assume they were girls but it can be hard to tell in Thailand) who were done up to the 9's.

I was on the net for maybe an hour and it became apparent that the girls were all using Skype video calls to talk to western guys. It also became apparent that they would finish one call and immediately ring the next guy. Clearly there was a well organised fishing enterprise going on.

You can interpret this in any number of ways from a genuine search for a western partner for a loving relationship where they will be treated better than they would by the men of their own culture to organised honeytrap scamming. I honestly don't know - but I would advise anyone who didn't initially meet their Asian "girlfriend" face to face in a normal manner to be very, very careful.

OK, that's it. Hopefully no offence and only one joke.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I have no idea whether you've ever met the girl in question personally or not but just a word of caution.

The last time I was in Thailand, I found myself in a part of Bangkok that was off the usual tourist track. I needed to access the net so found an internet cafe and was surprised to see that it was mainly being used by stunning local girls (I assume they were girls but it can be hard to tell in Thailand) who were done up to the 9's.

I was on the net for maybe an hour and it became apparent that the girls were all using Skype video calls to talk to western guys. It also became apparent that they would finish one call and immediately ring the next guy. Clearly there was a well organised fishing enterprise going on.

You can interpret this in any number of ways from a genuine search for a western partner for a loving relationship where they will be treated better than they would by the men of their own culture to organised honeytrap scamming. I honestly don't know - but I would advise anyone who didn't initially meet their Asian "girlfriend" face to face in a normal manner to be very, very careful.

OK, that's it. Hopefully no offence and only one joke.

Well said Ken.

You have put into words what no doubt a few of us have been thinking.

Find a nice norfolk girl Mark.

John