british justice- your opinion

nigelnibbles

ok, following on from Newts post(liberals, texans)

do you think that if you killed an intruder who had a weapon, in your house, in self defence, that you would be treated fairly and leniently by the british justice system.

personaly I think its about time we had a law that stated if anyone entered your property with any criminal intent, they automatically lost any rights, they know they are doing wrong so should take the consequences of there illegal actions, and if they got seriously hurt or injured, then tough.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its a very dark area ,you could for instance invite in say a hated work college (in your way in the promotion ladder for instance) kill him and then say he broke in (for some obscure reason) and you acted lawfully by defending yourself it opens a pandora`s box for "legal" mass murder :D

the "armed" person could have the neccessary "evidence" of weoponry planted in the vicinity to give legality to the measures "you" use to defend yourself :)

all the same i agree with everything you say :)

[ 11. December 2003, 09:30 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I was once held at knife point in my own home after disturbing a burgler,a very frighting event, I was lucky and was not hurt nor was my wife and kids who were a sleep upstairs at the time,the guy was caught within an hour it turns out he was high on drugs at the time,after the police had taken my statement I declared that from now on I would keep a metal bar next to my bed in future and would use it first and ask questions later,the police said that they would have no choice but to arrest me and I would be charged with gbh,who is at fault me or him? :mad: :mad: :mad:

I have wrestled with reality for 46 years,still wrestling.

In the majority of cases if a burglar is disturbed they'll flee the premises. It might be an idea to have a camera nearby so you can hopefully help the police get them quicker (if the word quick exists with the police?)

I always keep a disposable camera in the car incase of a crash.

i was burgled earlier this year, and ever since, my wife has got me up for every little noise downstiars (which are normally the cats), every time i go home, as i walk up to the front door, the only thing going through my head is

'have i been burgled again'

i will have absolutely no hesitation in taking my ice axe to any unlucky barsteward who decides to break into my house when im there.

and hopefully, ill accidentally top the fcuker.

They are all scum, and all should do 4 (meaning 2) years minimum, no cautions, no comm. service, no nothing. locked up and put on a buglers register so they cant just move and escape the wrath of their own past.

A bird in the bush is worth two in the hand

Nothing to do with being burgled, but shows how daft the british justice system is. To cut along story short my eldest daughter was walking home one evening when she was threatened by a bloke who pulled up in his car and made all kinds of threats to her, she phones home and I race to her as she is only about Half a mile from home, as I am traveling to her my missus phones the police, I get to my daughter no sign of the bloke who threatened her, driving back to my home my daughter spots the bloke in his car in our road, I pull in front of him then leap out and drag him from his car by the throat, at this point who should arrive but the old bill, they drag me of him, my daughter explains whats happend the bloke gets carted off I get a double finger wag of P.C. Two days later I learn no charges for the guy who scared my Daughter witless, (Case of mistaken Identity} yeah right, and I am told I am lucky not to be charged with assault :mad: although the Officer said he would have done the same in my position

[ 12. December 2003, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: Tony C ]

Regards Tony.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."

Our justice system is at best bizarre. I'm sure there is something written that punishment should reflect public opinion - or something similar - doesn't seem to.

If I had my way anyone illegally entering my property would lose all rights and I would be able to protect myself and property up to and including killing them. By virtue of them being there they are breaking the law full stop. The other thing is that it would reduce the number of burgleries dramatically if crimals thought they might get killed whilst perpetrating their crimes.

Regarding our current legal peculiarities, people have advised carrying a very large torch or having one handy at home. If you have an intruder in the house you can investigate using said torch and it coincidently doubles up as a means of self defence. If you go around the house with a baseball bat or iron bar you will probably be charged with assualt because it was premeditated in that you were 'armed'.

Rob.