chesters1 birthday

chesters1

it was my birthday yesterday :):( the magic 50 ,it started well the sun came out after rain so of we went car booting :) where we met billy50000 (they know us toooo well) the boot fair only had a few cars so it was back home to play with billies car . i had been having a bit of "waterworks" trouble for a few days before and was on antibiotics after a trip to the doc the day before ,i have been sufferering urine retension i.e busting for a pee but passing only a thimble full with difficulty five minutes later it was back in the loo to try again (usually unsuccessfully) :( the condition was mildly discomforting to say the least (but i bluffed it out with my wit on AN) but the pain was beginning to get slightly noticable so PMd nursey last thing (thanks nursey ) at 1 am it was starting to get painfull enough to concerm me so i rang the doc got the number for the medical services (locum i suppose) described my symptoms etc and waited for the doc? to ring back ,ring ring

"doctor here" and had to describe everything again ,the response was get to hospital now but dont drive , we have no friends and the mrs cant drive so the car was out of the question ,"can i go on my motorbike" i enquired ,"NO" came the reply your bladder could well burst etc call 999 now ,the doc put the phone down. i was stuck , should i dial 999 for a walking bloke and maybe divert it away from someone who needed it.

chesters1 owner being a bit stubborn went to bed hoping "it`l be ok in the morning" would kick in .

3.45 AM woke up feeling very ill, pain in abdomen ,very hot and trembly and feeling VERY sick (exactly as you descibed a few hours later nursey)

the mrs woke and phoned 999 and helped me dress and i hobbled to the gate (no dolly for chesters1 ,i`d walk with my last breath) the ambulance arrived and i was bundled off to the Royal Surrey . i walked into casualty although not with the same spring in my step as when i got in.

A bladder scanner was used to see how full it was ,the strange french chap driving it describing how cold the gel was as he pushed the probe down onto the paifull bit (arrgh) he did a print out and disapeared with his toy. a few minutes later a young lady apeared and took blood (painlessly) and of she trotted saying the doc would be here soon.

soon came and the doc came, a stunning blond woman and very young and proceeded to also head for the painfull bit ,then the rubber gloves were out (the bit i was expecting but dreading) and i was examined where normaly it was one way only ."this is very embarassing" i squeeked her digit finding something although painfull mildly pleasent

(i can see why men go over to the "dark" side) "not at all mr granger ,after 5 or 6 a day you get used to it" "errr i didnt mean for you" i said.

with nothing further to explore the gloves were removed and another pair put on ,a very thin plastic? tube was obtained and a threatening hand was moved towards my J.T. she explained what was going to happen .i explained hurredly that it was VERY cold in the room and that J.T. was a bit shy etc .

anyway the plastic tube painfully found its way to its destination and i cannot describe the outcome AAAAHHHHHHHHHH.

i had to drink 4 pints of water straight down and waited for a couple of hours to see what happened.

at 10 am i felt fine and after the blood tests came through i was allowed home..........problem!!!

the hospital is on one side of guildfords outskirts and the station and buses a mile or so away so i walked ,helped a chinese student carry her heavy and heavier suitcases to the station (she had switched uni`s from guildford to london) paid the outrageouse £3.80 from guilford to farnham (changing at aldershot) 4 stops (grrr) and at farham headed for the taxi rank (the next and only bus to tilford was at 2.30) £8 quid for 4 measerly miles , i walked and found a lovley crocodile clip on the verge ,im sure i`l find a use for it ..someday and would surly have missed it whilst crying over the fare in the taxi and arrived home at 1 ish.i have spent the rest of the day on the bed relaxing ,the pain subsided ,and now an egg cup full i can pass with ease (but lots of concentration) .

well that was my birthday (sort off) a 50th i shall remember ,now we have too find where the blood in the urine is coming from ,i can smell rubber gloves a mile away and there headed for me............

[ 11. September 2003, 07:13 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

• Thanks 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

i`m back on here good enough medicine for me :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

chesters1:

it was my birthday yesterday

Chesters, what can I say.....congratulations on reaching the big five oh, lets all just hope and pray 51 is better, it has to be :D

I read your topic with interest because it made me realise that I am not the only bloody stupid, stubborn, obstinate, obdurate,inflexible pig headed etc person on AN :o

If you are stuck for transport and the Doctor tells you to dial 999 DO IT :( Your taxes paid for his training so listen to him. I bet that if it was your wife having problems you would not hesitate :)

I am in Kent next weekend, meeting up with Davey B on friday afternoon for a meeting then going for a Bass session, if circumstances allow it, you are welcome to join us.

Sorry for the blast at you but you are always complaining about taxes etc, they pay for the ambulance and Doctor etc You could have died you plonker :rolleyes:

Just had a thought, it was your 50th birthday and you could not find a way to get loads of lovely ladies to hold your JT :D bit extreem to say the least.

Get well soon mate.

Alan

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

chesters

one word to sum it up :rolleyes:

postate

had mine reamed out about the age of 50 :o

by the way happy birthday

[ 11. September 2003, 08:08 PM: Message edited by: les middy ]

Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place.

The difference between light and hard is that you can sleep with a light on.

Really glad you got sorted out.Just sorry i had gone to bed when you sent the pm,sorry I was too late with the advice,the cranberry juice is good though.The reason the Doctor examined you as she did was to feel if your prostate gland was enlarged which can cause retention.

Well a birthday you will never forget.

just let me know if it happens again and i will be down with a catheter,hope they used local anasthetic like we do.

Belated happy birthday

hugs and kisses

judith :D:D

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

thanks Alan ,as for the prostrate accoring to the doctor its slightly enlaged but ok for my age :)

thanks nursey i didnt get any injections for the tube but lashings of grease i didnt care at that moment if they had gone in through the ear the release was wonderfull :D

[ 11. September 2003, 09:39 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Dear Chesters,

A very belated Happy Birthday to you :D and Im so sorry you spent it the way you did, thou please excuse my sense of humour, but the way you described your experience brought a smile to my face. Sorry, I know it wasnt funny, but I sort of no what you went through as I too recently had to visit the hospital on several occasions, blood samples being taken left right and centre, constant insertion of a very large scanner tube, down below, front entrance, but where things do go in and out :D the tube they insert puts any man to shame Hopefully, I wont have to go back again. :(

I wont mention any names but a very dear friend also had their 50th birthday this year and wasnt at 'HER' best.