The South??

Newt

Wordbender:

Wordbender:

Well Southern Jessies our Queen has seen fit to grant the Title of City to 5 of her towns in the United Kingdom.

Oh what a suprise all in the North.

:D

Aaaaaaand, after that patronising gesture - she chooses to live in the South and take her vacations in Scotland!

Votes wiv 'er feet does Liz. Suvvern girl see? :)

Sorted.

Terry

But where does she spend many of her holidays, mostly spend Christmas? Norfolk, Sandringham to be exact. Mind you that's probably because the Queen Mother can't manage the hills up North, and because Phillip & the Late Princess Margaret prefered our beers. Also the pike & zander fishing is better, we return what we catch.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Know what you mean Newt and to add to that we came out of a bar in Montreal and was walking down the street when from behind came a call of "Yoohoo Royal Navy". We turned round to see Montreal Mervyn and some of his "friends" approaching. Needless to say we disappeared into the first bar we came to. Minus Mervyn. :D:rolleyes::D great days. :)

Excalibur:

Actually Wordbender, as in most cases, the mass produced stuff as you say is the triumph of marketing over quality, but some of the U.S. microbreweries are superb. Try Samuel Adams products, Pete's Wicked beers and I reckon there are plenty other good ones.

Must have had Brits tellin' 'em how to do it, though. Yes, that'll be it, without a doubt.

As an acknowledgement of the brewing expertise of our 'less-historic' chums across the pond, I'll freely concede that their stuff DOES make a reasonable breakfast beer - provided it's consumed before 10 a.m. of course.

What? Patronising? Me? Perish the thingy.

[ 16 March 2002, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: Wordbender ]

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

Just moving this over to the non-fishing forum....

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

looks like we need to get together and sort this out!.i suggest a contingent of brits to fly over and teach you to drink,and then invite you lot over and teach you to fish.

oh well if i can sell this to the wife as an idea (im only doing it for national pride honest dear)it seems a good idea.so where will it be southern states to start with ?and do i have to eat grits? :D cheers big al

british by birth ,english by the grace of god

Now, now, Newt! We won't have any of that if you please. I'm sure Canadian women are beautiful once they've shaved in the morning....

at least the had the decency to stay in the commonwealth ,look at the usa left the protection of our blessed king george tisc tisc look at them now ,there just the world super race ,they`l never learn.

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Seems to be some rather ignorant people down south

Hello yes you :P:P

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Now, now, Newt! We won't have any of that if you please. I'm sure Canadian women are beautiful once they've shaved in the morning....

Are these French Canadian ? As we Brits know the French have hairy arm pits, Do these Canadian women have hairy arm pits like the French??

No hairy arm pits on the Brits but could be proved wrong.

Anglingforums Intersite Challenge Champions 2003 and 2004 http://www.anglingforums.co.uk

http://www.total-fishingclub.com

jangar:

Seems to be some rather ignorant people down south

Hello yes you :P:P

Probably right there Jangar :D

I guess we are ignorant about this whole North/South bit.... it's really not an issue for us in the South.... no-one I know gives a flying fig about it down here mate... It's only my Northern friends that have a problem with it.....

go figure, eh? :D

Simon