Tipple

Alan Branson

Guest NickInTheNorth

Beer - guinness (Extra cold in the summer)

Shot - Everyday drinking Highland Park 18 yr old(nice single malt from Orkney) Special occassions BRUICHLADDICH 15yr or even better a Bunnahabhain cask strength

Wine - generally if I'm just drinking it by itself anything with loads of fruit flavour, Merlot or for a white a new world Sauvignon Blanc.

If I feel extravagant with a meal a really good red Rioja (Faustino I Rioja Gran Reserva 1970 is superb) or for a white perhaps a Puligny-Montrachet.

Tea - Taylors Yorkshire Gold - no question

Coffee - Instant Kenco really rich Ground Taylors Hot Java Lava

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beer Guinness

Wine Home made from various garden plants/vegetables/pests

Shot Small Guinness

Coffee Kenko or Whittard

Tea PG Tips or Yorkshire (of course )

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Tea - I like the spicy stuff with oranges and flower petels and 7 sugars - you know the good kind.

Beer - nope! ecky

Whiskey, (bourbon) I like to go the the town distillery and knock the corner out of a barrel that has been setting in the sun weeping. Usually about a half pint uncut 160 proof. Is Jack Daniels really popular in England? Had no idea.

Wine - nope! (well, not often and not much)

Coffee - nope!

Soda - (soft drink) Code Red Mountain Dew

And - lots of water.

Phone

Anybody else on here drink Abbott Ale? just about the nicest pint i've ever had. Also drink loads of rum an coke (lambs is best) drink loadsa coffee 2 the flavoured stuff from boaters is nice

Ale - Tetleys

Shot - Goldshlager (is that spelt right?) or Vodka from the freezer (it dosent freeze just thickens, Try it!!)

Wine - Really only with food and then it completley depends on what your eating!!

Tea - Tetley again!!

Coffee - only when i need to stay awake and then any will do!!

There are too many good beers out there for me to limit myself to just one - a few favourites Guinness; Theakston's Old Peculiar; Old Speckled Hen; Bishops Finger; Pacifico (Mexican); or if stranded in the Colonies, Budweiser.

Same Applies to Whisky :- we have in the house at the moment, Laphroaig; Highland Park; Oban; and John Powers Irish Whiskey - need to re-order The Macallan !

Wines - Cab Sav or Syrah with beef/venison/ostrich/pheasant/pigeon. Pinot Noir or Gamay with pork/lamb/goat

Sauv Blanc or Semillon with fish or fowl

Scrumpy Jack with curries.

Coffee - any brand as long as its got a shot of brandy in it.

Tea ?? I thought we exported that to America.

[ 11 April 2002, 11:12 PM: Message edited by: Vagabond ]

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

And here I was, almost (but not quite) thinking about thinking kindly thoughts about Brits and other nefarious renegades: Ya hasta be over y'ear to enjoy microbrew beers and ales, wonder coffees, great wines, and generic booze (is there really a difference between 15 minutes and 15 years?). :P

So what's that tea again? :confused:

OregonDave

Mally:

... or Vodka from the freezer (it dosent freeze just thickens, Try it!!)

Mally - if you can get some pepper vodka, try it. Absolutely wonderful after a while in the freezer.
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

OregonDave:

And here I was, almost (but not quite) thinking about thinking kindly thoughts about Brits and other nefarious renegades:

So what's that tea again? :confused:

OregonDave

Nefarious renegades, now is this the colonials geting uppity again.