Blatant Advertising of Hook Sharpeners!

Dick Dastardly

Well I know I shouldnt but as in the past so many here on AN have shown an interest in my favourite Diamond Eze-Lap hook sharpeners I thought it might be kind of acceptable to post this!

Ive now been able to get an account with the manufacturers and get them direct from the US.As such I'm offering them for sale on my site- BASS-ONLINE

As a thanks to all the AN guys who have encouraged me to get these in I'm offering them at a special deal to ANer's of £6 inclusive of P&P (normally £7.20 + £1P&P).If you want to take advantage of this order by PM ing me here on AN rather than through my site.

bigsharpener.jpg

Edited by BUDGIE

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

LOL - Budgie Dick, it's not a problem.

To anyone reading who doesn't know Budgie (recently AKA Dick Dastardly), he is old, ugly, but one heck of an angler and 100% reliable with the stuff he sells. :D :D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Well said Newt !

Having said that, I've sent him a pm ;)

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

PM sent :)

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

• 4 weeks later...

I went into my old-fashioned hardware shop in Poole (still there, Boone's in the High Street) in 1981 asking about tiny carborundum stones to sharpen hooks. That was the days before high-carbon steel and chemically sharpened hooks. They have amazing stuff hidden in drawers. The man fetched out one of these same sharpeners and I still have it and still use it. Simply the best!

I've used mine regularly since you put me onto them a few years ago Budgie. I can't believe I never used to own one! Absolutely essential kit in my opinion. As well as coarse fishing, it's been a real life saver when fly fishing. How often do you have one fly that's doing the business that suddenly gets blunt...

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I know I've asked this before but can't remember the answer, down to what size hook is practicable to re-sharpen? I use mostly 14 & 16 with the odd excursion to larger sizes so usually just replace them but it's surprising how quickly I get through hooks, a couple of snags here & there and it's lost its point.

I'll PM you anyway Budgie, if I only use it a few times it'll always be quicker and more convenient than tying a new hook.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back