feeding pike by hand

Andy_1984

it would be a good test for new pike anglers

if they show fear of being bitten then they should not be allowed to fish for them

you should be willing to accept a few bites and scrapes if you want to fish for pike

Azree

Let us see rather that like Janus—or better, like Yama, the Brahmin god of death—religion has two faces, one very friendly, one very gloomy...” Arthur Schopenhaur

There's another video where the guy definitely gets sliced and diced. I'll have a look for it a bit latter.

Edit:

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

There's another video where the guy definitely gets sliced and diced. I'll have a look for it a bit latter.

Edit:

Superb! One of my worst fishing nightmares, that! That's for digging it out. I'll add that to the main bit of AN and share it around a bit. I reckon a few others would like to see that :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

It nearly happened to my mate.

We were standing thigh deep in the river in what was fairly fast and lumpy water catching chub when suddenly, the chub of a pound or so that he was bringing in got nailed by a pike that must have been close to or just over 20lb.

He played it up and down the river but it spat the chub out about 10 feet from him.

He held up the very sorry looking chub after unhooking for me to see and then went to release it on the off chance that it might survive the ordeal.

It didn't !

It got absolutely nailed inches from his hand by the same pike which must have dropped unseen into the little slack behind his legs for a rest.

He squealed just like the guy in the video, nearly lost his footing and was very pale for a while afterwards.

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

az,

Guess I better give up bear hunting - huh?

Ken,

As evidenced - it certainly isn't impossible. I am fearful. NOT a good pike (or musky) fisherman - Phone.

Phone

(Equally, I hate getting stabbed by nuisance catfish. Burns for hours.)

edit: how about a comment on that guys net. Kind we use ALOT.

Edited by Phone

I'm curious if I heard correctly in your vid when someone said they think you'd have to cut the line ? Why would you do that ? Sorry if I sound like i'm picking at you but if I heard correctly it seems very strange as no one had made an attempt to remove the lure, not in the film anyhow.

If I heard wrong i'm sorry to ask the question and i'll get my ears shringed :).

Edited by Tigger

I'm curious if I heard correctly in your vid when someone said they think you'd have to cut the line ? Why would you do that ? Sorry if I sound like i'm picking at you but if I heard correctly it seems very strange as no one had made an attempt to remove the lure, not in the film anyhow.

If I heard wrong i'm sorry to ask the question and i'll get my ears shringed :).

at least in the second one we see it going back. and in his defence (and only slightly) he was fishing for salmon so perhaps not a pike angler ?. i sent a link to him regarding dealing with pike just hope he's read it.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

at least in the second one we see it going back. and in his defence (and only slightly) he was fishing for salmon so perhaps not a pike angler ?. i sent a link to him regarding dealing with pike just hope he's read it.

If someone just cuts their line bacause they're scared of removing the lure then they shouldn't be fishing in a manner that could catch pike, so Andy imo there is no defence. Obviously there's no shortage of pike in that river so surely the angler would get some handling tution before risking hooking up with one.

Also as Peter said in the other thread why on earth start messing about with a lure that's fast in the net before releasing the fish ?