Overgunned tackle!

chrisinhackney

I totally agree with Chris,it seems fashion dictates tackle these days rather than necessity.And as long as youn have a top of the range Carp Cradle,a gallon of Klinic and constantly preach carp welfare its ok to rip their faces off.......

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

barry,

"""And as for winding us up with your lovely reverance kissy kissy dead fish phone, would those ripping screen stars exert the same sort of affection to say the pig as they cut it up to use in a bacon sarnie, i think not, or do they."""

The only part of that I understand is the part you accuse me of winding you up. Well, I'm not - no wind up. No wonder PETA has a strong foothold in England. You seem to be neither fish nor foul.

You, some of you, can't get it through your head we are in a blood sport that kills fish for fun. THAT'S WHAT WE DO! Where's your spine?

Phone

If the rest of you question asks me if if we render our own hogs - the answer to that is yes also. Nothing squeals like a stuck pig. BUT there is not any comparison. One - fish - I do simply for fun - the fish are for fun - the other, pigs, are for food. I always hope I am a good steward and as few fish as possible die. But they are only fish.

How often do we hear 'land them nice and quick to avoid exhaustion' and then find a lively fish on the matt jumping all over the place and the captor desperately trying to hold it down.

Even with smaller fish they are lifted out of the water flapping and jumping, all the while ripping the hook hold. I see just as many mangled mouths on small roach as on bigger fish.

But who the hell cares? they hav'nt got names and are not valued in hundreds of pounds.

How often do we hear 'land them nice and quick to avoid exhaustion' and then find a lively fish on the matt jumping all over the place and the captor desperately trying to hold it down.

Even with smaller fish they are lifted out of the water flapping and jumping, all the while ripping the hook hold. I see just as many mangled mouths on small roach as on bigger fish.

But who the hell cares? they hav'nt got names and are not valued in hundreds of pounds.

Isn't that the truth? good point, well made.

May I remind you they are just fish.

Yep they are just fish Phone, but they are tomorrows sport as well and sport for every other angler that i share the banks with.

I'm not sure what go's on over the pond, but as i share the banks of this country with something like 4 million other anglers its maybe best we don't think of them to much as just fish and if we are going to put them back, we should put them back in good health to fight another day.

If i ever saw an angler launching fish, I'd have to hope there was no one with a camera about.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

lutra,

Your position is not defensible. We do put them back and they live on at an astonishingly high percentage. We use slogans like "C&R - they'll grow on you" and everyone hopes it is the fish the other guy catches that die from the trauma we impart. Do you really think when we gently slip a fish from our caring hands that they all live? One of the cool parts of fishing is that the "dead quarry" disappears. We don't have any mess to clean up.

On the subject of what you might do - - - I don't believe you. I don't think you would do or bluster anything uncivilized with or without a camera about. Especially without sizing the guy up. That's just internet talk.

Having said all that. Care, withing the legal requirements and honorable stewardship, should be exersized in all of nature. Maybe humankind has a chitty streak? (road rage comes to mind). The sport of angling contributes social and physical meaning a lot more than it takes. I doubt legally caught and released fish affect/effect the populations in an uncontrolled number that can't be artifically or naturally balanced (maybe illegal fishing - but not angling) Many of the kinder genteler humans I've ever met were anglers and naturalists. Maybe England doesn't have any champions of nature to copy. It is not hard to justify angling and the unintended death of a few fish. We all kill fish, it is a blood sport. I have no idea why anglers like you have a guilt complex about a few dead fish taken honestly - with maximum care - within the accepted "norms" of the sport. Maybe your being politically correct or just internet "judgemental bastards". Git' a grip! They are just fish.

Phone

Edited by Phone

lutra,

Your position is not defensible. We do put them back and they live on at an astonishingly high percentage. We use slogans like "C&R - they'll grow on you" and everyone hopes it is the fish the other guy catches that die from the trauma we impart. Do you really think when we gently slip a fish from our caring hands that they all live? One of the cool parts of fishing is that the "dead quarry" disappears. We don't have any mess to clean up.

On the subject of what you might do - - - I don't believe you. I don't think you would do or bluster anything uncivilized with or without a camera about. Especially without sizing the guy up. That's just internet talk.

Having said all that. Care, withing the legal requirements and honorable stewardship, should be exersized in all of nature. Maybe humankind has a chitty streak? (road rage comes to mind). The sport of angling contributes social and physical meaning a lot more than it takes. I doubt legally caught and released fish affect/effect the populations in an uncontrolled number that can't be artifically or naturally balanced (maybe illegal fishing - but not angling) Many of the kinder genteler humans I've ever met were anglers and naturalists. Maybe England doesn't have any champions of nature to copy. It is not hard to justify angling and the unintended death of a few fish. We all kill fish, it is a blood sport. I have no idea why anglers like you have a guilt complex about a few dead fish taken honestly - with maximum care - within the accepted "norms" of the sport. Maybe your being politically correct or just internet "judgemental bastards". Git' a grip! They are just fish.

Phone

Phone,

If your after a response that I don't take part in blood sports, your talking to the wrong angler. Fishing and many other blood sports run through my veins.

A few fish might sink that anglers return, but i recatch enough to know many don't and that good handling (or maybe even the lack of it) can and does make a big difference to the quality and survival rate of the returned fish/tomorrows sport.

You can try to judge me if you like Phone, but you don't know me at all.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

I totally agree with Chris,it seems fashion dictates tackle these days rather than necessity.And as long as youn have a top of the range Carp Cradle,a gallon of Klinic and constantly preach carp welfare its ok to rip their faces off.......

:clap: :clap:

I hate tarts more than poor people

Nearly a quote from the right honarable Alan 'bastard m p, aka rick mayell. :)

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

lutra,

Then it is the AN condesending "judge and jury" attitude I am objecting to. Who made the Brits right? I'd just guess launched fish (on the pro circut) have an even better survival rate than offered by the casual angler (even in the UK). Watch it on TV or U tube - I know it's available. Those fish are going into a live box that almost guarantees they will live. Dead fish don't count in million dollar tournaments (unlike your keep sacks full of fish in match play).

The object of C&R is to return fish that live; grow; and be caught again. You don't have the corner on "how to do that".

Surpisingly, I am ashamed to say, many C&R anglers in the US return fish that NEED to be harvested. These anglers are simply too lazy to clean and prepare what they catch. Many fish in the US are wasted and for that I am sad - - but thankfully it is not the majority and thing are getting better. We used to have the attitude that fish stocks were an endless resource.

Phone

quote phone: You, some of you, can't get it through your head we are in a blood sport that kills fish for fun. THAT'S WHAT WE DO! Where's your spine?

Come off it sport. i fully understand my actions, i go fishing for fun, i catch 'em, and net them and let 'em go, sometimes i go fishing for me tea, yes they are 'only' fish as you put it. As you find it hard to understand i'll put it another way for you, is it ok to kick up the butt say the pig or cow as it's led to slaughter, of course not a bit of respect and decorum is required, unless your attitude is bo@@ks the're only animals.

What happens to the fish ripped out and miss the live bait tank? not to matter, the're only fish, who are you trying to kid.

Nothing wrong with my spine, some recon it's made out of jelly fish, what do you recon.

I don't kill fish for fun, you gotta be bonkers if you think that way, like that geezer who opened up in the batman movie, having fun he was, what do you recon on that then.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..