Overgunned tackle!

chrisinhackney

And we all know what idiots and guns do.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear.

firstly, threads like these are not "ammunition for the antis". They don't need ammunition, they already know that what you do is wrong and hate you so why mention them?

Secondly, I have been sea fishing on charter boats where anglers and skippers have used the eye socket hold to transfer fish from the deck to the fish box where they were left to flap and did NOT get a tap on the head. I have also seen anglers, and skippers gut and fillet fish whilst they are still alive. Something that happens to most commercially caught fish so the shocked outrage is a bit unnecessary.

Lastly I get a bit tired of angler who proclaim "The most important thing is the fish's welfare"

No it isn't

If it was you wouldn't go fishing for them, you would join the antis.

It comes well below hooking them

It comes well below landing them

It comes well below keeping them out of the water much longer than you need to for weights and photographs.

An angler is perfectly happy to risk the lives of the fish that they catch for all of these reasons and the fact is that a proportion of the fish caught and treated in this way will die. Thankfully they will do it out of site so we won't need to feel responsible.

My advice is to grow some, accept that what we do is a field sport (blood sports is a name only used by antis) and that we enjoy it, and then go out and enjoy it.

Agreed! (well not quite the bit about 'growin' some' :) ).

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Ah "Internet experience" then...................................... a common cause of miss understanding.

Andrew if your so up on the US scene why dont you see what I'm saying? Also why are you worrying about what the antis think? Wake up "chum" its not the antis that will get angling banned.They are just a VERY small bunch of extremists.Its "Joe Public" that will decide our fate as there are simply just so many more of them.Try worrying about how Joe sees us not Chrissy Hynde's mates!

Note I also said "decide our fate" as neither Joe Public or PETA etc will "get angling banned" the only people who will do that are anglers themselves.

Agree with that too!

In the mid 90s there was a campaign engaged with by most of the field sports bodies, significantly the British Field Sports Society (BFSS). Sadly anglers, well coarse anglers anyway were noticeably absent and silent. Some said to us, ‘we don’t kill our quarry so we are separate from you’.

I was asked by the BFSS to be part of their public relations team, I was under no illusions why, it was because I don’t look like a typical field sports person, and despite being firmly working class am able to string a few decent sentences together and put over my case well. I wasn’t the only one out of the landed gentry mould,’ there were lurcher and terrier men some of them from South Yorkshire, labour and trade union mining lads. We were unpaid and gave our time freely, given expenses and put up in hotels when away from home.

We attended a Labour party conference in Blackpool, this was front line stuff, toe to toe with the antis, attending their fringe meetings and hosting our own. This wasn’t just the neo –hippies who disrupt the pack or throw things into the water when we are fishing, but those who would have power to pass laws to interfere with us. For example that crook Eric Morley who was an MP at the time, he foamed (literally) at the mouth and suggested that I should be locked after my ‘admission’ that I hunted rabbits. You may imagine my delight when he was jailed for fraud (his expenses), pity his sneering foul mate Kevin McNamara MP (Hull North) who introduced a private members bill to ban hunting, hasn’t suffered similar misfortune.

I sat for hours in meetings just waiting for the opportunity to get to speak, to make the point for all field sports, at that time I worked lurchers and ferrets, shot game and wildfowl, fox and deer control and of course fished . (Game and Coarse as well as a bit of holiday sea fishin’)

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

MMMM strange how you chose two quotes aimed at me to reply to, :lol: :lol:

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

MMMM strange how you chose two quotes aimed at me to reply to, :lol: :lol:

Perhaps you have and over inflated sense of your own importance, or maybe your just paranoid. (think its all about you)

Excellent description of yourself. :lol:

Perhaps you have and over inflated sense of your own importance. (think its all about you)

And maybe you should totally ignore me pet, i find you very offensive. I dont like you, and no doubt the feeling is mutual.

Cannot be any clearer than that now can i pet.

Edited by Andrew

“Vescere bracis meis”

Excellent description of yourself. :lol:

And maybe you should totally ignore me pet, i find you very offensive. I dont like you, and no doubt the feeling is mutual.

Cannot be any clearer than that now can i pet.

I was already 'totally ignoring you'. for goodness sake! you [/i]are the one who had just replied to my post. (Iwas talking to sportsman and Bugie) You really don't do yourself any favours in here do you? (thats rhetorical, which means that I don't want an answer)

The feeling isn't especially mutual as you put it. The grown up way is to accept that we don't really get to know somone well enough through a few messages on an internet forum to make a desision as to whether we like them or not (find offensive), but perhaps you are capable of such two dimensional judgements? (rhetorical too).

You have it in one missus, i would NEVER want to get to know you and in another two dimensional judgement the feeling would be mutual. :D

Thank God we only have one thing in common, and thats fishing, Alhamdulillah. e3663.gif

:bye1: :bye1: :bye1:

PS

Thank you for the explanation of the patronising utterances you used, very kind of you in school ma,am'ish way :)

Edited by Andrew

“Vescere bracis meis”

You have it in one missus, i would NEVER want to get to know you and in another two dimensional judgement the feeling would be mutual. :D

Thank God we only have one thing in common, and thats fishing, Alhamdulillah. e3663.gif

:bye1: :bye1: :bye1:

PS

Thank you for the explanation of the words you used, very kind of you in school ma,am'ish way :)

You were the one who introduced the notion of 'ignoring' ...but then perhaps you simply can't help yourself?

You were the one who introduced the notion of 'ignoring' ...but then perhaps you simply can't help yourself?

Emma you know better just ignore him and Andrew you need to wind your neck in and if you cant be bothered to put together a reasonable counter argument not bother posting full stop.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!