Octobers Misson

Old geezer

Some lovely shots on the monthly challenge and after some thought, the winner by the narrowest of margins is................

AyJay. Very well done!

Right.... Octobers challenge is

AUTUMN[

/b]

Any subject which you bekieve portrys the season most clearly

Good luck!

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional :-)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O. geezer,

Well, I'm quite lazy, I admit. Which pic by Ayjay? Give me the thread name and post number - can you?. I'll have another look at it.

Phone

This one phone :)

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/monthly....html&st=19

Post #19

Edited by Old geezer

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Is there an October "Autumn" topic? I have a photo but can't figure out where to post it.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I thought we posted them in this thread Newt, thats what I was planning anyway. Still got a couple of weeks yet to get out and find a good shot, I maybe have one, need some decent weather tho'.

Well here goes mine. Leaves change but this year it's been so dry the colours weren't as spectacular as I'd have liked but the pumpkins did fine. Given their use on Halloween (for decoration) and at Thanksgiving (for eating), they bring Autumn to my mind.

pumpkins-comp-1.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• 2 weeks later...

It's been an interesting three weeks trying to get a photo to enter here. It's only the last ten days or that autumn has set in here. Finding something different than tree's has required some leg work.

I did find an old rose growing in the garden of a derelict cottage and it was covered in very large red, soft rose hips. Unfortunately the birds found most of them before I did, so I'll go back earlier next year.

My effort is a stem of blackberry bush, I just couldn't resist the colour.

8127774845_454139b0af_c.jpg

Red Bramble by Manninagh, on Flickr