The legalities of fitting an electric card meter in a dwelling.

I have a question to ask on behalf of my sister in law and I wonder if anyone can shed light into this problem?

My sister in laws landlord employed an electrician to fit an electric card meter to her property without consultation and it is currently charging her £10 per day for a single bedroom flat.

Is it legal for the landlord to employ someone to fit a meter or should it be completed and set by the electricity supplier?

My sister in law fears the landlord is trying to force her out.

Any help is appreciated.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I have a question to ask on behalf of my sister in law and I wonder if anyone can shed light into this problem?

My sister in laws landlord employed an electrician to fit an electric card meter to her property without consultation and it is currently charging her £10 per day for a single bedroom flat.

Is it legal for the landlord to employ someone to fit a meter or should it be completed and set by the electricity supplier?

My sister in law fears the landlord is trying to force her out.

Any help is appreciated.

Is it the only meter in the property, or is it connected to the consumer side of a supplier meter?

Is he charging her £10 for electricity or for rental of the flat?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Is it the only meter in the property, or is it connected to the consumer side of a supplier meter?

Is he charging her £10 for electricity or for rental of the flat?

The meter is connected to the feed in the Landlords shop and my Sister In Law has been given no independent account number and she can only buy her cards from the landlord. The meter was installed by an electrician appointed by the landlord.

The Card meter is costing her £10 per day for a 1 bedroom flat.

The meter is connected to the feed in the Landlords shop and my Sister In Law has been given no independent account number and she can only buy her cards from the landlord. The meter was installed by an electrician appointed by the landlord.

The Card meter is costing her £10 per day for a 1 bedroom flat.

This sounds well dodgy mate. Get her to ring this number, if they can't sort it out they'll know someone who can.

http://www.ombudsman-services.org/contact-us-energy.html

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

A landlord cannot make a profit from utilities....legally! Get your sister-in-law to check her contract for electricity payment details. As Cory posted above and also here.

Sounds as if the landlord's on a short trip to a huge ****ing!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!