Fishing vehicle

Jim Murray

New car time looming. I know it's been discussed before; I'm not looking for the ultimate vehicle here, but I do a lot of short sessions and my dream would be to just open the tailgate, throw the rods/quiver & rucksack in & drive off, i.e. without having to faff around with rear seats, etc.

Does such a (practical :D ) vehicle exist, or can one be recommended where it's all done from inside the boot & can be done quickly?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Citroen Picasso one of the older shape ones is perfect for the job Thats what I have used for many years now...I'm on my third one at present. Heaven only knows what I will go for when I eventually wear this one out though as the new shape one looks like it comes with a wheelchair in the back as standard!

What is it with vehicle manufacturers they produce an incredibly practical car that does everything I need of it very well indeed and then they go and change the design for the worse!!

Oh and be very careful when buying a new vehicle as many manufacturers do not provide a spare wheel any more ....You have been warned!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

I have a citroen c5 estate, just drop one of the rear split seats don't even have to take off the rear privacy roller but it's obviously easier if you do

Great car for going fishing in and for driving down farm tracks,just pump up the suspension and lift the car up by 8 or 10 inch's and you have great clearance underneath for missing those tractor rutts, great milege out of the diesel too

Pretty pleased with my Vauxhall Zafira as a fishing wagon, open tailgate, open "ski" slot in back seat for rods and everything fits with no fuss.

The 7 seats also come in handy when it's in "dads Taxi" mode too! - although setting up and folding down the extra 2 seats does involve a bit of faffing around :(

Mat

Mat

I go for the Zafira as well. When going on holiday too we have a roof rack, and I tie my rod bag on one side of it with cable ties. I got my ties from work many moons ago, and the can be undone with a small screwdriver (which I have to remember to pack :D ) All the gear plus 3 kids and the wife can get in courtesy of the biggest roof box I could get to fit.

Ps the humans go inside the car, not inside the roof box :lol: :lol:

Edited by wotnobivvy

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

Jim hatchbacks and estates are far and away the most practical and easy to recline seats from hatch end or better still just leave em down ,these are worthwhile if you dont want to worry about the interior to much http://www.rhinouk.co.uk/index_files/Page320.htm take them out and wash them if ness and all the mud off holdalls and quivers etc doe not get ground in to the fabric of seats etc.

Most of the modern estates are cavernous inside C5, Peugeot,Passat,Mondeo and the esp massive vectra

Skoda octavia in 4x4 worth a look not as big inside as above but i got barrow and all my gear in no probs and a big hairy a$£%d German Shepherd ,All the above in hatchback guise to obviously Steve

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

You're all overlooking the obvious and definitive answer - a 15-year-old skoda hatchback. Perfect :)

Did a Skoda ever reach Dublin :lol: :lol:

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not