Fishing vehicle

Jim Murray

the obvious answer is dump all your long rods and simply replace them with pen rods!! :D :D far cheaper than a new car! hehehehe

or failing that pick up an old Peugeot van; my dad just throws pretty much all his stuff into his with ease; nice low floor pan as well. a lot of the Peugeot estates are pretty decent as well.

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been on back burner for a while, but looking again now. As per Steve's comment, I really like the look of the Skoda Octavia estate(think they call it a Combi) and especially the Scout version which looks just perfect.

Only snag is I don't think they sell the Scout here in Ireland, and import duty here is around 2-3k. Decisions....

I'm waiting for a brake booster to be delivered for the Saab - if it doesn't look like arriving by Friday lunchtime I'm going to have to decide whether to drive to Wingham without fixing it or hire a car for the weekend. It drives tolerably, the main symptoms are a rough, high idle, annoying hissing sound and poor fuel consumption, but it's clearly not ideal to drive it any more than I have to.

Jim Murry,

Don't buy it in England.

""""""There are no limits on what private people can buy and take with them when they travel between EU countries, as long as the products purchased are for personal use and not for resale, with exception of new means of transport (for example, a car). VAT is included in the price of the product in the Member State and no further payment of taxes including VAT can be charged here in Ireland.""""""

You reckon that's right? That's what we are told 'bout Ireland.

Phone

I'm waiting for a brake booster to be delivered for the Saab - if it doesn't look like arriving by Friday lunchtime I'm going to have to decide whether to drive to Wingham without fixing it or hire a car for the weekend. It drives tolerably, the main symptoms are a rough, high idle, annoying hissing sound and poor fuel consumption, but it's clearly not ideal to drive it any more than I have to.

Lotus? :D

How did you get on with that peel off paint? Plastikote was it?

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Quote Jim Murray

This has been on back burner for a while, but looking again now. As per Steve's comment, I really like the look of the Skoda Octavia estate(think they call it a Combi) and especially the Scout version which looks just perfect.

Only snag is I don't think they sell the Scout here in Ireland, and import duty here is around 2-3k. Decisions....

Jim i have the 4x4 octavia but not the scout version and it has coped superbly with all the snow and mud i have put it through ,Check to see if that version is avaiable first....as i understand it the scout rides 40mm higher and if that is a issue would think changing the springs would suffice Steve

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Jim Murry,

Don't buy it in England.

""""""There are no limits on what private people can buy and take with them when they travel between EU countries, as long as the products purchased are for personal use and not for resale, with exception of new means of transport (for example, a car). VAT is included in the price of the product in the Member State and no further payment of taxes including VAT can be charged here in Ireland.""""""

You reckon that's right? That's what we are told 'bout Ireland.

Phone

Yes I believe that's the case - though I didn't know cars(and bicycles??) wer ethe only exception. I did import one car from the UK, but it was mine. If you can prove previous ownership was your own, then you can avoid paying the import tax.

Quote Jim Murray

Jim i have the 4x4 octavia but not the scout version and it has coped superbly with all the snow and mud i have put it through ,Check to see if that version is avaiable first....as i understand it the scout rides 40mm higher and if that is a issue would think changing the springs would suffice Steve

I have been looking at those this week, what engine have you got Steve? The 1.8 20v turbos seem a fair bit cheaper than the tdi's

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88

Peggy has the 1.8Tsi petrol. We don't do enough miles to justify the extra front end cost of the diesel. And the petrol is pretty economical and very much faster.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net