Armed Robber Killed

Elton

And in spain you nearly three times more likely to die from sudden lead poisoning :bones:

I'll tell you what mate, I wish we had some GC or the French CRS or Gendarmerie here. You cock a snook at the CRS at your peril and youl only tell a Gendarme to eff off once.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0lAz3AWblg

Here you are Gary...One of my favorites.....Give yourself up...

No,,,,,,,

Die then.

One of my favourites too Dave.

Here is one of the French cops training their dogs. These are not German Sheperds these are Malinois and they are fierce.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Cory you wouldn't be the only one to hold a handgun or be at the wrong end of a gun mate; though the wrong end of a shotgun isn't quite a handgun :)

im betting not many people here have; in the same way id lay money on not many people being stabbed or threatened with a knife; how about an arrow through the arm or a rapier in your chest? but that's all slightly reminiscent of the "look at MY scars" scene from Jaws...which always reminds me of Tom baker in Black adder!!

"you have a womans bottom my Lord! ill wager that bottom has never been rammed into a hole etc" LOL

Phone and Newt; when you have dealt with people who have tried suicide or severe self harm who simply know they wish to die...there is no cowardice on show. to take your own life in any way is a waste of a life for sure...and its a great shame that someones life has to come to that point....but the choice of life or death? there is no cowardice there. I have a very close friend who deals with such people everyday in his job; and I have dealt with a few in my past as well.

yes fighting the police until they shoot you down is stupid; yes it is a worthless waste of life for everybody involved and highly traumatic and in no way can it be called courageous as we know the term.....but to know you are about to die and willingly choose that fate is not being a coward as we know the term either!

at least in my view it isn't.

but that's all off topic anyway!

to stay on topic;

I return to my statement about living in your chosen society...this guy chose not to...he paid the price. tough

Edited by kirisute
  • Like 1

It does not seem to say much for the state of their care of those who are mentally ill either. Mind you I think in Texas at least they will happily execute a "retard".

Kiri,

Without a long explaination officially I believe it is officer- (or police-) assisted suicide and/or victim-precipitated homicide. The "cowardly" comment was'nt meant necessairly to define the person's state of mind commiting the act. Our cops are as "human" as anywhere on earth. The aftermath of such events is often traumatic for the officers involved. He commits a cowardly act by asking the officer to do it for him (one way or another). Rarely is suicide by cop an "unplanned act". Unplanned acts or spur of the moment gun fights are just cops killing bad guys.

Phone

Edit: I re-read and decided you needed at least one example. Guy has 1 million life insurance double indemnity if he dies accidentally and not by suicide. Now he hopes this family woes will be over because the cops killed him. Insuance company will ask for forensic evidence.

Judgement: "suicide by cop". The insurance co may not even owe the face values of the life insurance depending on the contract. But for sure they don't have to pay the accidental death benefit.

Edited by Phone