Ironbridge

kleinboet

I have just heard on the news that Ironbridge gorge is in danger of collapsing. Where is OUR lottery money? They can give copious ammounts of money to refurbish the opera house (which I will never use, and I suppose most of you will never use either) for the 'toffs'. Surely it is our money to use in a case like this? What do think?

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

kleinboet:

They can give copious ammounts of money to refurbish the opera house (which I will never use, and I suppose most of you will never use either)

A lot of anglers can be found in the opera house.

Have you never heard of Bizet's Carpmen :confused: :confused: :D

Cheers

Scapa

i fished there 1n 1982 and caught my first barbel there ; we parked at the pub (forgotten name ) and had the local brew and then had an amazing session on luncheon meat . even then they were having trouble with landslides . what a shame if it is deteriorating surely the local fishing club could petition for a grant . is the local brew ansells ? i honestly cant remember must be all those cheap burgers i ate when i was younger

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

maybe its too old ,a nice new concrete one would surely be nicer ,they could tow the old one to the falklands then bring it back and get lots of lolly for its restoration :)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

You can't stop a major landslide any more than you can stop earthquakes, hurricaines or the setting of the sun. I'm afraid that the good people of Ironbridge are just going to have to move if and when the land starts to slip into the river.

The clarion call for Lottery money went up from the locals when this thing hit the media but thinking that this would help is a bit like old king kineut thinking that with a bit more gilding on his throne he'd really be able to hold back the tide.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Kleinboet.

Don`t get me started!!!!!!

Since when has the `Lottery` done sod all for the nation?

Loads of local youth clubs etc, have recieved the odd couple of thousand. But where has all the `real` money gone?

The `Big Tent` at Greenwich, `Covent Garden Opera House`, Sheffields` Museum of Music, The W.Wales Bio-dome, countless millions to `Refugee institutions` !!

Forgive me for my ignorance. I thought the idea of `Good ` causes, was to give money to deserving causes, that didn`t come under the remit of government agencies? Such as. Local amenities, ex-servicemens charities, non funded sports etc?

So how come, local councils get knocked back when asking for funding for a new village hall.

Small youth clubs, get the same answer.

Need a new community centre? No chance!

Come from an ethnic minority, single parent, non-white, out of work shepheardess? Never mind what you want it for. How much can we give you!

Simplistic I know. But that`s where I see the money going.

I now expect to get lambasted for not being PC?LOL

:mad: Paul Compton. :mad:

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

quote:

out of work shepheardess

errr didnt it have to be a lesbian one to qualify :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

No argument from me about the way that the lottery money has been spent to date. By rights there should be a fully equiped social and sports hall in every town in the country by now but instead, all we have is a bunch of cash going to a bunch of spurious "minority" interest groups and a massive subsidy for cultural cr*p that's of no interst whatsoever to the average man in the street - but is no doubt enjoyed by a tiny minority of the population who could bl**dy well afort to cough up full whack.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

http://www.national-lottery.co.uk/player/p.../regionNews.jsp

'Over 150,000 projects have received funds from The National Lottery, ranging from Olympic athletes and charities, through to schools and underprivileged groups. Find out here about just some of the projects that have benefitted in your region.'

http://www.national-lottery.co.uk/player/p...earch/search.do

TL - leon

[ 16. November 2003, 03:15 PM: Message edited by: Leon Roskilly ]

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

spasor:

I now expect to get lambasted for not being PC?LOL

Paul Compton.

Duh.. but paul how can anyone ever say you are not PC.. they your bloody initials aint they :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"