Vauxhall Astra Drivers.

Modern cars are often like PC's in that regard. Resetting them, by disconnecting the battery and leaving it a while before reconnecting, will often sort minor woes.

I also have a cheap OBD reader that I got from eBay for £20. It's fantastic for checking any fault codes and, once you're sure there's nothing actually wrong, resetting them. A dealer would charge you for that :)

Would that be the OBDII USB reader ?

I tinkered with an in car entertainment system called centrafuse that run on windows for a while that utilised the OBDII and had some really nice dash read out stuff (temps, pressure, fuel, acceleration, speed etc etc) all nice dials n stuff along with the usual navigation, video and audio.

i never got around to buying the small touch screen to get it all up and running in the car when i had it.

Edited by Andy_1984

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Would that be the OBDII USB reader ?

I tinkered with an in car entertainment system called centrafuse that run on windows for a while that utilised the OBDII and had some really nice dash read out stuff (temps, pressure, fuel, acceleration, speed etc etc) all nice dials n stuff along with the usual navigation, video and audio.

i never got around to buying the small touch screen to get it all up and running in the car when i had it.

This is the one I got - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/U480-Universal-OBD2-CAN-BUS-Fault-Code-Reader-Scanner-diagnostic-scan-tool-UK-/221039216694

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I believe it did come with that CD, too, but I just Google the codes if they appear. Mainly because the manufacturer-specific ones to my car aren't on their CD and, also, because the results are often meaningless on their own - you need to find someone who puts them in plain English! :)

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

I bought a wifi one which my iPhone can connect to. I then use an app on my phone to display and log the data.

Works very well, but the disc which came with it was stuffed with malware!

It was an ELM327 I borrowed from my mechanic. Needed a laptop to get the live data from connected via usb.

Display current sensor data, including:

.Engine RPM

.Calculated Load Value

.Coolant Temperature

.Fuel System Status

.Vehicle Speed

.Short Term Fuel Trim

.Long Term Fuel Trim

.Intake Manifold Pressure

.Timing Advance

.Intake Air Temperature

.Air Flow Rate

.Absolute Throttle Position

.Oxygen sensor voltages/associated short term fuel trims

.Fuel System status

.Fuel Pressure

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

All,

My check engine light came on. My neighbor has one of the hand held cheapo do-dads. It said oxygen sensor. Is there a cheapo model that tell me which oxygen sensor is bad? My truck has 4. They are plus or minus $100.00 each!!

Phone

Phone - they read the code your car gives them and display the number. If your truck doesn't differentiate between each sensor, then no code reader will.

All,

My check engine light came on. My neighbor has one of the hand held cheapo do-dads. It said oxygen sensor. Is there a cheapo model that tell me which oxygen sensor is bad? My truck has 4. They are plus or minus $100.00 each!!

Phone

Buy one then keep swapping them until the fault code goes away

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Oxygen sensors are a pain. My X Trail needed a new one but it turned out the screw in fixing on the manifold was the problem. 1 week out of warranty and Nissan said "tough", so after many arguments and £1600 later it was fixed.

Never will I buy another Nissan.

What this has to do with Vauxhall Astra Drivers I have no idea?

I've looked everywhere for Astra drivers. I've found video drivers, sound drivers, disk drivers, all sorts. But I cant find an astra driver? Which version of windows is it for?

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional :-)