OK, I don't want to become "the complete" Carp fisherman....

Old geezer

Guest 1lastcast

No blood no foul!

I don't see any nastiness here.

I clearly stated I never "advertise" here because of the rules and I've only offered website info because I was specifically asked. You will also note my sig doesn't contain any links to the website; just my videos, my twitter and my clubs website.

I've also never stated that these will replace a full sized rod...in fact quite the opposite!

What I will state is that they will "handle" double figure fish....and I have caught and landed numerous ones on them! The videos I refer to are in my sig...and that's me doing the catching!!

Do I sell the product? Nope. Do get money for sales? Nope. Have I stock in the UK? Nope.

I have no vested interest in them for profit other than they got me back into fishing after numerous years out of it; I now test new products in the range and create videos showing what they can do.

That's it.

If people buy one on the power of my vids then excellent; is it my job to sell them? Nope!

But I will be honest about them because I have seen first hand how much fun they can be! Yeah you won't want to tangle with a double figure carp in a snagged up swim...they simply won't provide the control you need.

But if you stop and see a river to fish, or fancy some roach snatching, or have a lake stocked with carp up to 5lb ish then I promise you these rods will provide pleasurable fishing!

I agree with Andy and 1lastcast; you can do the light fanny pack stuff with a good 5 or 7 piece rod...as I do with my Shimano and Avanti. Are pen rods a gimmic? They are "gimmicky"; but they are fully functional as well....

I wouldn't back them if I don't truly think so.....as Andy knows...I speak my mind....and if I didn't think Geezer, or anyone here, would enjoy using one then I would just say: " hey, you know what? Don't bother with them!"

I've had hours of pleasure using mine, on lakes, rivers and even harbour walls. And I know that in the majority of fishing situations I could use one quite happily, knowing it will handle much of what I catch!

I'm no celebrity either...I'm a pleasure fisherman who fishes for exactly that reason...pleasure! And these rods and reels ave provided that for me in spades!! And I'll say again...I'll take anyone fishing for a day and they can come try them out themselves if they so wish!

They really are alot of fun and truly surprising in what hey can do!

Finally; if you truly believe this is an advertising ploy...then report me! Simple!

oh an 1lastcast...its KIRISUTE or KIRI..not KRIS....the clue is in the spelling you see? if you struggle with it just take a look on there..just above the guy holding the carp! :) heheheh (and this is just teasing mate...not being serious at all!!)

Neil

OK l just spent some time checking out the vids, and to be honest it just reinforces the reasons why commercials are not for me. I have been fishing a few years so it comes as no surprise to see you actually catch stockies on them, but these rods are very much for those that maybe are coming into fishing for the first time by reading some posted comments. My concern could be (if I really tried),was that they will start off on the wrong foot..

Thanks for the offer of a session, but I think I might decline, but if you ever fancy a go on the Lower Severn with some proper kit and a hard fighting barbel to contend with, be my guest.

Just don't bring pea shooter to a gun fight. :nono: .

• Like 1

1last,

A nice steelhead on the Snoopy

Snoopy doesn't get all the glory…there's also Tweety, Spiderman, Dora, Scooby Doo, Mickey Mouse, and someone even found a Star Wars rod.

I’ve heard of 20-pound catfish caught with this dinky gear, and even a 50-pound black drum. But nothing tops this latest Barbie news. An angler fishing during a recent shark tournament off Martha’s Vineyard, Massachusetts, caught a 100-pound blue shark on a Barbie-style rig (I believe there's a video).

So kirki doesn't feel "pressured" here is the Berkley equalivant (I think(?)). The Berkley Nibbler is a telescoping fishing rod designed specifically with the angler in mind. Featuring a two-section, 28-inch rod, the Nibbbler is equipped with a closed-face spincast reel for ease of use. The initial assembly and setup of the Berkley Nibbler is easy and requires only a short amount of time, so you can spend more time fishing than waiting for the setup of gear and tackle.

My advice is to change the 10 lb line to 17 lb line.

Phone

I was loading my rucksack this morning and realised that the most voluminous and weighty items was the feed - for me! It was freezing cold so in went a litre of water, a kettle, a metal mug, two pot noodles and some coffee, a stove, knives and forks,and a cannister of propane. All the fish had was a pint of maggots and a tin of sweetcorn!

Was nice sipping on a steaming pot noodle watching my float do very little though :)

Andy,

Alas no. It is a stock advertising photo from the manufacturer of the rod.

Phone

Ah well my vision of a cantankerous old fart still intact then ;)

Good post Del. When it comes to actual used tackle the total weight is probably very small and manageable for even the most unfit amongst us.

ill be using my little pen rod for some more perch fun off the pontoons this summer.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk