OK, I don't want to become "the complete" Carp fisherman....

Old geezer

Neil

OK l just spent some time checking out the vids, and to be honest it just reinforces the reasons why commercials are not for me. I have been fishing a few years so it comes as no surprise to see you actually catch stockies on them, but these rods are very much for those that maybe are coming into fishing for the first time by reading some posted comments. My concern could be (if I really tried),was that they will start off on the wrong foot..

Thanks for the offer of a session, but I think I might decline, but if you ever fancy a go on the Lower Severn with some proper kit and a hard fighting barbel to contend with, be my guest.

Just don't bring pea shooter to a gun fight. :nono: .

Lol!

I think my Shimano tribal stc will more than handle those barbel!! And I'd love to come give them a go! Maybe I'll take you up on your offer! As long as I don't have to use a bite alarm, a fancy rig with more knots than a Japanese bondage party, or some kind of bloody tutti fruity method feeder ****** I'll be happy!

Did you watch the video of fishing at Narborough hall lake? Or on the Wensum river? Or the trout fishing one?

The reason there are lots of carp vids is because they provide the weight to show what the rods can handle!

Don't knock the product because you don't like the fishing location! Or the fish being caught!

To get video I need to be catching decent fish...easiest way to do that is hedge my bets and go commercial! Simple!

Ah well my vision of a cantankerous old fart still intact then ;)

Good post Del. When it comes to actual used tackle the total weight is probably very small and manageable for even the most unfit amongst us.

ill be using my little pen rod for some more perch fun off the pontoons this summer.

How big have you caught on it bud?

Have you tried to go for something big? Or wouldn't you honestly trust it?

Not handled a good tench on one yet! It's one of the species I'd love to get on one.

The 6lb pike was great fun; as was the 3lb chub and similar size trout.

Carp vary so much in how they fight from water to water...I'll be honest in that my 17.5 PB fought deep and slow....it ran a couple of times but other than that just stayed in swim and stayed deep. I'd had harder fights from 4 pounders! Though the chap in the US with his 21 had a bloody good fight with a long lean river carp.

Our second lake at Foxley now has some good bream in it...so they will be a target this year, though its a deep lake which limits the usage of the pen rods, simply because they don't have the length to handle deep float rigs etc....though of course they will ledger quite happily at any depth!

Personally I'd love to do a video series of every major course species in the uk...caught on a pen rod! What fun that would be!!

Not so sure i would want to test a tench given their fighting style: left, no right, wait a second straight down, maybe under that tree no that weed bed looks better, argh left again, straight up. lets zig zag a bit, think ill try that tree again.

Edited by Andy_1984

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Not handled a good tench on one yet! It's one of the species I'd love to get on one.

Personally I'd love to do a video series of every major course species in the uk...caught on a pen rod! What fun that would be!!

Well if you want to pop down here to Essex once the weather warms up a bit I'll take you to my banker tench water!

Usually have a good bag of tench there, average size around 4lb and average depth of around 4ft so you'll be able to use a float with the pen rods too.

Mat

Mat