Mr. Crabtree - Barbel This Week

Elton

You are getting in to contentious territory be discussing how a stone is attached. I am sure Pallatrax have a patent on stone attachement :-)

Pallatrax are too late, Anderoo's already taken out the patent!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

You can make them, but you can't sell them. Pity, since I came up with the idea of drilling stones to use as weights back in the late 70's :(

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

I was amazed at the size of twig he put in the bend of the hook. Cant be easy stricking that through such a big bait or did it show?

Apart from seeing such a nice river i think the only good thing about it was showing kids fishing. So why has it been put on after the watershed?

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Guest 1lastcast

I was amazed at the size of twig he put in the bend of the hook. Cant be easy stricking that through such a big bait or did it show?

Apart from seeing such a nice river i think the only good thing about it was showing kids fishing. So why has it been put on after the watershed?

I was amazed at that, I get a bit paranoid over such things, and normally choose dry grass, but the Wye barbel fishing scene is his stock in trade so I guess he knows what's what.

Agree about the scheduling, but don't think it would excite too many kids away from their Play Stations.

Well I watched it and have to say if it was'nt focused on barbel I would have switched off before the first break, I find Bailey patronising, a p*ss poor angler and for a guy who made a living as a teacher, a very very poor communicator

He keeps harping on about Crabtree moments and I just don't see the relevance am I the only one turned off with this constant reference to a very old and dated cartoon character with no connections at all to todays young anglers, nostalgia can be a good thing but in this series it stinks

Edited by Brian Carragher
  • Like 1

Well I watched it and have to say if it was'nt focused on barbel I would have switched off before the first break, I find Bailey patronising, a p*ss poor angler and for a guy who made a living as a teacher, a very very poor communicator

He keeps harping on about Crabtree moments and I just don't see the relevance am I the only one turned off with this constant reference to a very old and dated cartoon character with no connections at all to todays young anglers, nostalgia can be a good thing but in this series it stinks

Yep :)

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional :-)

Guest 1lastcast

Just maybe, the Wye in full flood was not the best place to take complete novices for thier first barbel!

Mat

Yes especially with some young Scottish lasses that seemed so disinterested it was obvious, would have been better if he could have someone there that appreciated the Wye/

Wye...on another matter looks like some Swansea newby barbel angler has had his 15.2 claim for a new Wye record accepted, looks every ounce to be a good 12lb fish too.

Oh well he is a Swansea lad and we all know about good old Swansea (ball) boy's don't we?

Edited by 1lastcast