E U Robbery

barry luxton

Quote: Seems like a good way to help refinance.

and quote a retired u k couple:

Alan and Janet, from Cyprus

This is robbery and we must get the EU to stop this. We retire and bring our savings to a bank in Cyprus and they can just take our money away without permission and then say we have shares in a bankrupt bank.

“Start Quote

Two weeks in government and this is what they do to us pensioners from the UK.

Cyprus is finished, is crooked and illegal. Anyone thinking of coming, go back and take your life, your holidays and your family somewhere else!

We had a government guarantee on this money we'd invested and now as pensioners, how can we possibly recoup this money? It's currently a holiday weekend here and ATMs aren't working, so people aren't able to take money out. It's as if the money has been locked down.

Unfortunately the world does not revolve around "Alan and John"...

The biggest payers will be the large accounts such as those held by the "Russian institutions".

If you read a few more informative sites you will see that only the money that corresponds to the levy payable is frozen, and that is only until Monday.

Any problem with removing money will be because of ATM machines running out because of panic withdrawals.

Of course the UK comics will be revving up for another round of anti European sentiment..Even though their own readers are themselves European and dont see it...Added to the fact that most of the the Red Top readers probably think that Cyprus "belongs to Greece"....Hilarious

Maybe we should be watching the ever so clean and unbiased Spanish press then, that way we will get the truth.

The government did not take my money, it was the incompetent bankers who lost mine, just like the incompetent bankers in spain who have almost bankrupted spain.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

I don't understand why Greece and Cyprus were ever allowed into the EU in the first place and it is totally mind-boggling that either of them should have been included in the Eurozone. I have no sympathy for either country, they are suffering from self inflicted wounds.

• Like 1

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Of course the Spanish comics will be revving up for another round of anti English sentiment..Even though their own readers are themselves European and dont see it...Added to the fact that most of the the Red Top readers probably think that Cyprus "belongs to Greece"....Hilarious

And the Spaniards will be thinking that Gib is part of spain how delusional of them, e3782.gif

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Here's an interesting piece of possible repercussions that could affect us all, but especially the Spanish; http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21812853.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Here's an interesting piece of possible repercussions that could affect us all, but especially the Spanish; http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21812853.

Gossip and speculation from a well known europhobe...nothing more. I would have thought he might have been better occupied with studying items of interest nearer home, such as the possible imminent entry of the UK into a triple dip recession other than the performance of a currency they don't even use or in many cases understand it´s most basic workings.

Who can forget the hilarious declarations of ignorant people like minister Redwood. who was telling people to "refuse Greek euros in their holiday money" (there is no such thing in existence).

It is like watching a circus of clowns from the sidelines.

your very obsessed with England and its people, government etc.boy.

“Vescere bracis meis”

What I don't understand is if the Euro is in so much trouble why is Sterling doing so badly against it.

I earn in Sterling and spend in Euros and it is costing me a fortune.

• Like 1

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

What I don't understand is if the Euro is in so much trouble why is Sterling doing so badly against it.

I earn in Sterling and spend in Euros and it is costing me a fortune.

I was thinking the same thing. A year ago £1 bought me €1.25, now that same £1 only buys me about €1.15.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote