prawns

lentils (spod mix)

fish

macroni cheese

tizer (groundbait mix)

custard powder (groundbait mix)

rice

Azree

Let us see rather that like Janus—or better, like Yama, the Brahmin god of death—religion has two faces, one very friendly, one very gloomy...” Arthur Schopenhaur

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sardines, sprats, praws and mackrel from the fish counter. For rare none preditory trips I get sweetcorn and especially 'mexican chilli cheddar cheese' (Sainsburys and Aldi, maybe the others have it too). I roll it into balls like boilies and fish it on a hair, works very well, I tried it when I took my grandson to get his first (commercial) carp. he caught several on it. .

Brazil nuts! Only trouble is I keep eating them :)

I'm like that with prawns (esp Aldi ones) can't resist them!

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Emma sweet chilli sauce works well as a glug and also can be potted in (pole pot).

The chances of this getting into the water and so near to any fish is remote, I simply :wub: prawns dipped in sweet chilli sauce, my favourite supper. :)

Edited by Emma two
"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

The chances of this getting into the water and so near to any fish is remote, I simply :wub: prawns dipped in sweet chilli sauce, my favourite supper. :)

Yes sadly my Prawns do not last long and end up in my stomach on the bankside just like most things. Probably why worms are best for my fishing. Tried cockles for eels last year and not one got on a hook :(

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

As my name suggests I'm a chef and have used many a item from work when I was in Ireland fishing for bream rule of thumb was sweet for summer spice for winter so many a time added strawberry or chocolate ice cream topping to my groundbait or even my hemp and turmeric or ground nutmeg in the winter. Also adding turmeric to your maggots works well two fold makes them sink fast and also flavouring can sometimes bring on a much needed bite.

tight lines