A roach to droool over

Chris Plumb

Thanks for the feedback guys. Nice to know the fish will fight in the water and pose on the bank. Lots better than grass carp that, once they reach about 20lbs, do just the opposite. :D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is not just the stonkin roach that impresses.

My eye was drawn to the bridge and the water flowing behing. This really does look like a seriouis place to drool over.

"Muddlin' along"

wunnus:

My eye was drawn to the bridge and the water flowing behing. This really does look like a seriouis place to drool over.

It, unfortunately, also makes the spot instantly recognisable - how long before the circus comes to town! :rolleyes:

Chris

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

I agree that it does then open up the spot to those who are less likely to respect it. Equally it opens up the spot to those with a view to exploit the economic potential. I note that on that web page that the club had been excluded from other waters. Sigh. Even less chance for local kids to learn about their local waters.

"Muddlin' along"

Newt:

Vagabond, if I can find Sussex, you have a date. 2005 is looking likely, some time around when Steve has his Wigham fish-in.

You're on! Keep in touch - only thing is, the Fish-in is usually in May, when the rivers are closed, so only still-water roach fishing is available then. Rivers open again on June 16th.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Hmmm, only three cars on the bridge this morning, so no big circus yet, although i do know that the Ringmaster and Coco had been fishing there already.

wunnus:

I note that on that web page that the club had been excluded from other waters. Sigh. Even less chance for local kids to learn about their local waters.

These waters are not however lost to fishing, merely being taken back by RMC,who you may know as Leisure Sport.

They are not the sort of waters that tend to attract youngsters, they are largeish gravel pits with a stock of predominantly specimen fish and not a great deal in the way of silver fish.

C.A.C. has no shortage of lakes pits and ponds which are ideal for the younger fisher.

Vagabond:

Vagabond:

Vagabond, if I can find Sussex, you have a date. 2005 is looking likely, some time around when Steve has his Wigham fish-in.

You're on! Keep in touch - only thing is, the Fish-in is usually in May, when the rivers are closed, so only still-water roach fishing is available then. Rivers open again on June 16th.
You're right it used to be in May, but if you recall I changed it this year to the second weekend in June, and that worked well. Assuming that it's the same time next year Newt will be able to start the season on a river.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Howard 13:

Howard 13:

I have to be honest here and say that although it is a superb Roach it doesn't look anything close to the size stated to me.

My PB roach is 1lbs 5ozs and it looked massive on the bank, however in the photo it looks pathetic!! :(

I wouldn't doubt the weight of that one.

Newt, they don't fight at all well but there is something very special about catching them, silly realy but I'd rather catch a 2lb roach than a 30lb carp.

Howard.

My PB Perch is much the same. At 3lbs 12oz, I was delighted. I was less delighted to see the resulting picture. My friend Stephen and I had only been taking fish pics for a matter of weeks before this fish came along. It was taken too far away, I was holding it wrong, the light is bad etc. etc. The fish is clearly a good Perch but the size looks...well debateable to be honest.

All that has done is drive me to beat or at least equal my PB and get a GOOD snap together. One I can be proud of.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Posted Image

Anyone know what I,m doing wrong? Pic doesn't appear.

[ 19. January 2004, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: Andy Macfarlane ]

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...