COULD YOU LIVE ON £7 .50 A DAY

big_cod

There was some guy on radio 5 spouting off about millions not claiming benefits they are entitled too.

At the end of interview he advertised his web site.

http://www.entitledto.com/

I truthfully completed..............result............you are entitled to nothing.

Most excellent.....what i expected.

One question, where are the many missing 1000's of disability claimants that have not turned up for assessment ? Mystery

1509tarpon_75_.gif

Of course, it will also push up the salaries of those people in low paid jobs until a new equelibrium is reached without HB.

I don't see what mechanism is going to make the likes of fast food outlets, councils, hospitals and shops pay low paid workers more so they can pay rent.

Also who is going to rent to people that cant afford it.

Why would landlords continue to run a business that does not give a reasonable return?

Rental businesses would fold, there would be too many properties on the market, property prices would fall.

People can't get mortgages now because banks are not lending. Add the uncertainty of falling property prices and the many families/people falling into negative equity.

If the rental market suffers then service providers who maintain and manage these properties will suffer.

Smile they said life could get worse, I did and it was

We sold our old house to a buy-to-let landlord, and he turned out to have the business ethics of a botfly maggot. I hope his portfolio is worth nowt and his rents don't cover his mortgages. :lol:

• Like 1

I don't see what mechanism is going to make the likes of fast food outlets, councils, hospitals and shops pay low paid workers more so they can pay rent.

Also who is going to rent to people that cant afford it.

Why would landlords continue to run a business that does not give a reasonable return?

Rental businesses would fold, there would be too many properties on the market, property prices would fall.

People can't get mortgages now because banks are not lending. Add the uncertainty of falling property prices and the many families/people falling into negative equity.

If the rental market suffers then service providers who maintain and manage these properties will suffer.

This is what happens when you have an economy based around people buying and selling houses. Why do people always expect a house to go up in value on some kind of linear scale? It's not like this in many other parts of Europe.

Your house is a box to keep your stuff and to live in. You can't take it with you.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

We sold our old house to a buy-to-let landlord, and he turned out to have the business ethics of a botfly maggot. I hope his portfolio is worth nowt and his rents don't cover his mortgages. :lol:

Can I hear a Amen to that.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

This is what happens when you have an economy based around people buying and selling houses. Why do people always expect a house to go up in value on some kind of linear scale? It's not like this in many other parts of Europe.

Your house is a box to keep your stuff and to live in. You can't take it with you.

If not people banks/lenders will not lend if they have no confidence in the housing market. They need to see a return on their outlay and stability in the market so the asset they are lending against is worth the outlay.

In France you won't get a mortgage much more than 20%, never have been able to. People live in a HLM (social housing) or private rented accommodation until they can afford the deposit. Then they buy the house they are going to live in for the rest of their life. A lot of people never need to buy a house, the just rent until their parents pop their clogs and live in the house they grew up in.

You want the services of a local shop, a cleaner or a shoe shine boy but you can't obtain those services locally because what you want to pay for them isn't enough to cover the overheads, or the cost of living locally or the cost of commuting from where they can aford to live or run a business to where you would like to recieve their services.

What to do ?

You have two options - other than doing without:

Option one. You travel to them - bit of a bummer if it's a cleaner for your house that you need.

or.

Option two. You pay them more for the services so that they can afford to live locally or commute or cover overheads where you are.

There are of course two ways of effecting the second option. You can either do it directly and have the people in areas with high costs pay more to service providers for the services that they recieve or you can add on layers of tax gathering and redistributing beaurocracy to not only do the same thing less efficiently but to also unfairly spread the burden of the additional costs onto people who don't benefit from living in the nice neighbourhood.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

You want the services of a local shop, a cleaner or a shoe shine boy but you can't obtain those services locally because what you want to pay for them isn't enough to cover the overheads, or the cost of living locally or the cost of commuting from where they can aford to live or run a business to where you would like to recieve their services.

What to do ?

You have two options - other than doing without:

Option one. You travel to them - bit of a bummer if it's a cleaner for your house that you need.

or.

Option two. You pay them more for the services so that they can afford to live locally or commute or cover overheads where you are.

There are of course two ways of effecting the second option. You can either do it directly and have the people in areas with high costs pay more to service providers for the services that they recieve or you can add on layers of tax gathering and redistributing beaurocracy to not only do the same thing less efficiently but to also unfairly spread the burden of the additional costs onto people who don't benefit from living in the nice neighbourhood.

Capatalisim will prvide ! Well ken it doesn't and it never has thats why the added layers of tax gathering and redistributing bearocracy or as I like to call it the welfare state came into being.

If anything the welfare state has kept wages higher because employers have had to pay more than benifits to keep employees. Thats at the hart of the welfare changes make work pay not by uping wages but by reducing benifits to push people into even lower waged work.

If your model of capatalisim works why in countries without or with very little state support are there so many poor: and the gap between the the rich and poor so big?