Duncan Ferguson

catchaplenty

bitsbobs:

Just make sure you've got a beware of the dog sign and you'll be o.k.

No No No -

What you need is a sign saying

"Never mind the dog - beware the OWNER"

[ 16. January 2003, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: Vagabond ]

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

despite overwhelming public support and the fact he wont admit guilt he`s lost his parole .

other innocent people locked up can only get parole if they say their guilty (even when their not) if you protest your innocence your in for the full amount :mad: strange that the guilty get out before the innocent :confused:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Ah yes Chesters, but he will be out in July and he has not had to say sorry!

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

but if he had said sorry he would have been in the pub months ago heavens knows whats left of his house when he gets out it was half demolished when he lived there

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

bitsbobs:

Very bad idea! "Beware of..." is an admission that the dog is potentially dangerous.

However, a sign with a picture of said pooch and a caption which reads "I LIVE HERE!" doesn't constitute any sort of admission ;-)

Read in the paper (Metro - I'm not contributing to Murdochs billions!) today that matey's parole was denied as, in the words of one of the parole board "He is a danger to burglars"

I think that just about sums up what the legal system in the UK is all about these days - you're probably better off making sure they're finished off and that no-one ever finds the body(ies)

Cheers,

Adz.

Get your EA rod licence here!

At one time we used to have 5 Bullmastiffs (now only 1) which attracted a lot of attention from the local kids. Nothing ever happened but we did not want anyone to venture onto our property as, obviously, they were large and powerful dogs capable of doing a lot of damage to a child. We always though the 'Beware of' type of sign to be somewhat provocative and, as mentioned above, indicating that they could be dangerous. Anyhow, we eventually found a suitable sign which simply read 'Caution Free Running Dogs' I would think that that would be warning enough......but then again this is England and its extremely flawed legal system......!!

Paul

The flaw isn't with the legal system, it begins with the scumgags who have to be dealt with by it. Even in my quiet little village 99% of the thefts and criminal damage is drug related. What comes first the chicken or the egg. People who have read my other posts, might be mistaken for thinking that I'm a liberal bleeding heart. I can assure you all that I'm not. Anyone found burgling my house will be extremely sorry, but they won't be shot in the back. Power to duncan Ferguson, he got it right.

Peter Gowman:

... Anyone found burgling my house will be extremely sorry, but they won't be shot in the back. ...

Peter - sorry but I can't agree with you about placement of the bullet and timing of the shot unless the shooter is a trained law enforcement officer with a good deal of weapons experience, a soldier who has seen some combat, or similar.

If you are going to pull a gun on a man, you need to be prepared to use it. And for most of the population - including long time hunters - there is hesitation before shooting a person. Not voluntary either. And an excellent chance that when the shooter finally does pull the trigger, nerves will cause a miss.

If the burgler is a druggy and not really thinking right, your hesitation and very possible miss with the first shot or two could allow the critter to do you some major damage. IMO just not worth the risk.

Personally I'd turn him first but then I fall squarely into the 2nd category of folks who have been there, done that and have no doubts I can do it again without hesitation or missing. And I'd probably take a little evil pleasure at letting the critter see his doom first.

But generally, I'd recommend anyone holding a gun and planning to use it do so at the first good opportunity. We aren't talking sportsmanship as we would with the decision to flush ducks or grouse before taking a shot.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt

I have more experience with weapons (long and short) than you could guess. I don't necessarily rule out the use of lethal force (say being faced by a couple of crazed druggies). However, Tony Martin pre-meditated his actions and having done that, he knew what ammunition he was using and he knew the likely outcome. His actions were one step too far.

Slotting someone is simple, living with it not so simple.

bitsbobs:

I have 3 dogs I was burgled a few years ago, due to the fact the bloody dogs where upstairs asleep with us!!! The WPC who came out said that it was not the first time this had happened she had been to a house where there were 2 Rottys in the kitchen sleeping, burglar stepped over both of them on the way in and the same on the way out. I love dogs but they can be sooooo stupid :confused:

[ 17. January 2003, 07:22 PM: Message edited by: Eileen B ]