Has PC now gone to far?

Colin Brett

Re: wounding vice killing - I'd need a UK legal type to cite the relevant UK cases but in the US you stand a very real chance of being sued by a robber you wound and losing the case. You stand no chance of being sued by a robber you have killed.

And suits brought by the robber's family don't seem to fare very well. So if you are gonna shoot and you aren't a police officer, you are much better off making the critter dead.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pump action shotguns aren't illeagal, well some are & some aren't.

Tony Martin claims he shot into the darkness to scare the burgalars away, i'd have shot into the darkness to maim or worse but thats just me.

IMO Tony Martin should be released.

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

words of wisdom indeed newt , unfortunatly over here its mostly the bad guys with the guns , if a law abiding citizen has a handgun he`s a criminal ,if a criminal has one he has been failed by society or abused as a child , this then arouses long forgotten mothering instincts in grey haired ,underarm hair weilding ,shawl wearing do gooders who plead for his cause and they get probation ,in the case of mass murdering chetchian warmongers you are paraded in the press by long forgotten actresses saying your misunderstood and other cooings of the mentally ill .

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

just to put things straight

i said i thought he had mental health probs.

i read that tony martin was not allowed to keep a gun of any sort.

the stair case was demolished as a trap i think.

and i will ignore chesters1 sons comment about extra hols for nurses because if the new agenda for change goes ahead that is not an option,we do not need any more hols.

i cannot imagine how frightening it must be to be alone in the house and hear burglars downstairs.let alone if you can hear them comming upstairs .i'll never sleep to nite . nursejudy

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

hi all,

Thanks for the link nursejudy its nice to get the whole picture ,i didnt realise there where 3men,in that case he was spot on to blast away :D otherwise having three professional criminals in your house normally means your gonna get it big time, :(

no offence meant earlier by the way:) :)

i just cannot believe the family of the stiff are trying to sue using legal aid :mad:

billy

You say you can't believe it?? That they are claiming Legal aid etc., Surely you can believe they are claiming it??

What I find hard to believe is that they have been granted it!! Legal aid is of course repayable on successful completion of a case. The pre-requirement for claiming legal aid is that the case has a better than good likliehood of being upheld in a court of law and that the plaintiff will gain enough compensation by suing a defendant!!

So the government will not only not give Mr Martin his freedom but they are damning him as well by offering his tormentor a helping hand too!!

But as to Mr Martin and his conviction lets not forget that it was "Members of the Public" who put him where he is!! They should in my humble opinion be damned along with the rest of the b@@@@@@s!!

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

hi all,

chris TOO RIGHT!! damn the lot of'em :mad:

and if the system keeps this up we all may as well move into prison and give are homes to the criminals. :mad:

billy

[ 17. January 2003, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: billy5000 ]

hi again:)

Yep i can beleive it too which is the sad truth ,when i lived in the kent area :( , me and the misses had a neighbour come round to borrow a vhs film boxset costing 50quid ,which we bought off the neighbour 4months before.

she took it down the local flogg shop and sold it for a tenner :( for some cigarettes etc,when asked where the film was she said they had lent it out :mad: (we checked the local flogg and found it)we called the police and she was arrested 2weeks later!!(after hiding behind thier door)

And in a car which had no insurance, no tax, and no mot!!to cut a long story short we got nothing back but 5months of physical and mental abuse from the neighbour.

And because we stood up for what should have been right,we had so much trouble from the neighbour and others taking sides (as she said they were hers and we didnt pay)NOT!!

so i feel i know abit about being a prisoner :( and having to sneak in and out of your property so as not to let them hear us( as LOUD bangs etc would start.

I will never live in flats again(mediation doesnt work you just get a knife shoved under your face

To this day she is still, like her brother burguling people like are old flat before we moved in for which he spent a couple of months inside for!!(He broke in, took the tv and left!,he return'd for the remote but the owner had come back and stood and watched as he walked in and took the remote from the table and walked calmy out.

we later abandon'd the flat with a pregnant misses and a 3yr old +plus we lost most of the possesions we collected just to get out(even after pleas to the housing society)

MAD PLACE :(

billy

[ 18. January 2003, 12:20 AM: Message edited by: billy5000 ]