Has PC now gone to far?

Colin Brett

he MUST have been mad if it was a pump action i`m sure he could have got rid of both of them .

as for his living conditions its his choice ,its called excentricity in the uk , normal in the third world and probably high status to an african in the bush :)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crikey, this has stirred a bit of passion.

I still believe Tony Martin to be an honest man. OK perhaps the outcome of the shooting went to far, but Mr Martin did say he would shoot anyone who entered his property, and I also believe the only reason he is in prison now is because he wouldn't lie about what happened on that night. If he had lied ie. said he had just fired to frighten the burglars, he would have got away with it.

But it's not just about Tony Martin, it's the whole thing of political correctness and the way crime etc. are handled by the powers that be.

Why do we have to listen to others criticising the UK, we obviously have an immigration problem, other countries have tackled this problem why can't we?

If someone has a legitimate claim for asylum, fine, but surely not the numbers we are taking.

How much longer can we afford to keep doing it?

How long before we run out of space for them?

Crime figures are up, so what do we do, we basically ignore burglary as a none crime, so we might as well leave our doors and windows open. Or just hand out our possessions to anyone who wants them.

All these extra gun laws won't protect me or my family, why? because it's criminals who have the guns, not ordinary people.

So a simple yes or no will do.

Colin

Hi all,

Nurse judy,you say he had a mental health problem and he was let down,well i'd agree(the NHS is a wreck)and that 40 million or so the goverment(mr blair)has put into the nhs just means they are gonna recruit more underqualified nurses/doctors,etc(no offence to any in the profession just my opinion and through personal experience)so the doctors/nurses etc can go on longer hols(well if the politions can do it why not eh!). :rolleyes:

And back to mental health,he may have shot him in the back but he wouldn't have to have done it if they hadn't been there in the first place:)(but he would have shot him in the front but he was probably legging it when he saw the shotgun:) :)

i asked a policeman once what he classed as reasonable force and he said that he couldn't really say because everyone has a different view and ability to inflict a different level of reasonable force,but he didnt appear to have a problem with giving them a good hiding :D:D:D

kids tsk tsk :rolleyes: ....hardly a eyelid raised with that reply ....didnt i raise you proper :( or did i abuse you by NOT abusing you ....i`m a failure :(:)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

The difference between shooting someone in the chest and shooting that same person in the back is the time it takes to pull the trigger.

Alive without breath,

As cold as death;

Never thirsty, ever drinking,

All in mail never clinking.

I`ll just get me rod!!!

or the time to roll them over :D

I agree with Peter Gowmans original comment, but I think in this day & age having non fatal amunition in a gun could be a very big mistake.

It was pre-meditated in the sense that he lay there full dressed with a loaded gun waiting for someone to break in but how long he would have to wait was anyones guess, if no one had tried to break-in nothing would have happened and no-one would have ever heard of him.

Using that argument you could say that anyone involved in a car crash had pre-meditated it because they were wearing their seat belts and bought a car with airbags.

The main issues from this for me are:

How can someone get early release just for showing remorse (real or false) its time 5 years meant 5 years.

And how can criminals sue people?

It wont be long before a burglar sues for not being able to gain access.

Scott.

quote:

And how can criminals sue people?

unfortunatly because there allowed to and with legal aid as well , try getting legal aid to sue the nhs its almost impossible (i suspect) crime DOES pay whatever your told to the contrary :(

he was refused parole because he" was still a danger to burglers" perhaps if mr burgler didnt visit him he would be a danger to no one :mad:

If a burglar came into my home I have nothing bar a few small kitchen knives to protect me. I freely admit to not being a fighter so if disturbed the scrote would have the upper hand. So if they decided to have a go where would I be? Screwed I reckon! So I think to myself perhaps I should get a baseball bat or something. So said scrote has a go and take him out with the bat. Now if I hit him on the head he may roll around in pain til the fuzz arrive or he may turn up and expire. Here is the problem....what is reasonable force? And I'd be damned if would say sorry. I wish Mr Martin the best and praise him for his honesty even if it does mean a further term in prison. How many have a go heros have ended in the gutter trying to protect their own. If some of these people had had some form of protection it might the the scrote in a box and not them!

I am dyslexic of Borg, refistance is sutile.............your ass will be laminated!

dont put a baseball bat next to your door it well maybe considered as a premeditated act ,do as i do i have a 6D maglite next to the door, its certainly heavier than a baseball bat ,shorter so you can swing it better and its a torch so at night once their on the floor after the first swing to can turn it on so you can see to hit them in the face better :)