Has PC now gone to far?

Colin Brett

Gents - feel free to not agree on this topic. Feel equally free to post your opinions.

Do not, however, feel free to direct your post at another on here if you intend to attack him/her for an opinion.

Most of you will correctly assume you know where I would stand on this issue based on my lifelong situation as a Yank, barbarian, gun-loving, whatever. And you would be absolutely correct.

But I respect Peter Gowman's right to hold a different opinion and to state it as he initially did. And I will feel free to edit out any further personal attacks by anyone on any other poster. If that fails, there is also a lock button but that would be a shame as this is a topic that could do with some discussion.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said Newt. You're quite right of course the tone of my last post was not correct. I didn't mean it to come across as it has (having re-read it). I apologise unreservedly if I have upset Eddie or any other forum member.

But please everybody, understand this. I support absolutely the right to defend ones home and family, and would not hesitate to do so myself. I just feel that Mr martin did go too far, and it is only this specific incident that my comments refer to. :)

pc will always go too far look at whats called "positive descrimination" all it really means is descrinimation on its head ,has anybody noticed the huge abundance of whats termed as "others" ( ethnic minorities etc) in reality in fairness the balance should reflect the balance in the population but look about on the tv ,news casters ,childrens programs etc there is a destinctive trend (in somecases 100%) of the people belomging to the "other" bracket ,this is the same as in america when they used positive descrinimation ,they have got rid of it hopefully we will :)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Newt:

Gents - feel free to not agree on this topic. Feel equally free to post your opinions.

Do not, however, feel free to direct your post at another on here if you intend to attack him/her for an opinion.

Most of you will correctly assume you know where I would stand on this issue based on my lifelong situation as a Yank, barbarian, gun-loving, whatever. And you would be absolutely correct.

But I respect Peter Gowman's right to hold a different opinion and to state it as he initially did. And I will feel free to edit out any further personal attacks by anyone on any other poster. If that fails, there is also a lock button but that would be a shame as this is a topic that could do with some discussion.

Oh well seeing as I'm the only one to post in reply to peter I will consider mtself told off!!

Peter I take no offence from your post to me, as I assume you took no actual offence from mine, feel free to insult me all you want my shoulders like my midriff are wide enough to take it.

I will ask one question if I may, If tony martin had been armed with just a walking stick who would have left in the ambulance when those young men had left?

Alive without breath,

As cold as death;

Never thirsty, ever drinking,

All in mail never clinking.

I`ll just get me rod!!!

Hi all,

i see we are getting heated(goody).

But i do have to agree that shooting him dead was abit harsh but yes at least he wont be reoffending:).

But theres nothing wrong with giving him a SEVERE limp or just removing a leg or two,or maybe an arm. :)

We all, under the circumstances would do things we shouldnt be forced to do, some things just go pearshaped,i say release mr martin,hes done his time as if the burglar was alive he would have been out quicker. :(

billy:)

Eddie

No I did not take any offence. Your last post does raise a good point, a difficult point to answer. I don't condemn Tony Martin for his actions, it's the pre-meditation I feel strongly about. You cannot go about deliberately planning to kill another human being with malice aforethought. It has to be unacceptable in a civilised society.

Peter makes some valid points about pre-meditation and ammunition choice, if I were on the jury this may influence my thinking on 'reasonable force', which, remember we are allowed by law, the definition though is somewhat blurred.

However, IMHO he should have been released.

As for the scumbag who is trying to sue him... the case should be scrapped. :mad:

Chesters, you're right! there are far too many minority-types on our TV and the sooner we send 'em all back north across the border where they came from, (Hadrians Wall) the better.

Then perhaps we can get back to good old ENGLISH pronunciation and I will be able to watch the news without the subtitles. :D:D

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates

P.S. on the electoral register I now advocate ticking the 'other' box and inserting the word ENGLISH in as large a lettering as possible in the space provided, it won't change anything but it sure as hell makes me feel better. :cool:

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates

can anyone join in..

its great that there exists such a forum where diverse opinions can be expressed,but we have to accept that not everyone will see things the way we would like.BUT we are free to to say these things.

my view for what its worth is that i think tony martin has mental health problems.

yes he lived in a very remote area and had little support from the police when having previous burglary problems.

However is it normal to a.

have an illeagle (spellings gone)pump action shotgun.

b. sleep fully clothed with gun at your side.

c.to have demolished most of your staircase.

d. to fire said gun into someones back more than once.

i just think tony martin was a problem waiting to happen and as a member of the caring profession feel he has been let down and perhaps all this might have been averted.

i thnk the burglars had deliberatley targeted him.

nursejudy

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)