Has PC now gone to far?

Colin Brett

Chris

What was the scumbag charged with? I'm just interested to know.

Your post is a damned good argument in support of the 'shoot all the scumbag' brigade that I have been disagreeing with.

Sorry that you and yours had to experience something like that.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris,

I hope now you are away from the area you and yours can make a fresh start and try to forget what you saw. :(

in many cases its not just the criminal that makes lives bad,its the families of them that get you while the scum is serving his brief stay.

As for mr martin,not only are they gonna sue him,mr martins got to worry about getting out because the stiffs family are not gonna forget!

I hope all goes well for you and yours.

billy :)

Thanks Billy everything now could not be better.

Thinking back it was the push we needed to get out of the city. We had a 10 year old and the city was no place to try and bring him up. We live in a cottage, no neighbours for 1/4 mile and 1/4 mile from the sea. There is very little crime and very importantly a community still exists here which has accepted us and welcomed us in. Can't be bad eh, and as a bonus Bass and Tope on your doorstep. If you fancy a trip out on the boat anytime drop me a line.

Hope things get better for your family.

Just nicked this from the Howard League for Penal Reform http://web.ukonline.co.uk/howard.league/

Overcrowding means that approximately 12,000 prisoners are being held two to a cell designed for one. Many of these cells have open toilets which fail to provide even the most basic of human dignity.

In a desperate attempt to find empty beds, prisoners are being transported all over the country. In 2001, 37,000 prisoners were held over 50 miles away from home, for 5,000 of these the distance was more than 150 miles. This cost the taxpayer millions of pounds in transportation costs and in delays to the criminal justice system as a result of late arrivals for court appearances. It also jeopardizes family relationships and chances of successful re-integration back into the community on release; two of the most important factors in reducing re-offending.

The huge prison population is undermining any good work the prison service is trying to do in terms of making the prison experience constructive for the majority of prisoners. In 2001-02 the prison service failed to meet its own target of providing prisoners with at least 24 hours of purposeful activity a week. Only 3 out of 40 of the male local prisons (those holding predominantly remand and short sentence prisoners) which suffer the worst overcrowding, managed to meet this target.

Prisons costs £2.2bn a year. With re-offending rates after release still at about 60% (and over 75% for young offenders) prison is an expensive failure, which has no impact on crime levels or the fear of crime.

Bill

(Descendent of 17th century asylum seeker, by the way)

[ 18. January 2003, 11:18 PM: Message edited by: Bill Eborn ]

Bill,

Proves a point that not all asylum seekers are bad news. I work with quite a few different nationalities and most of them are fine. However one or two are not, much the same for the Brits working with me. However I feel that the situation is out of control and in these dangerous times believe controls should be much stricter.

In my part of the world, not far from Tony Martin's area, 90% of the crime is carried out by 10% of the population. Of this 10% I would guess that 75% is drug related and within these figures the travelling community have a great involvement. Usually ram raids and PO crime. Then they head off back to their own areas.

One group have in the past installed their own sleeping policemen on the road to their encampment. The idea being the car they are driving is stolen so it doesn't matter if the car is wrecked, but the police slow down and are unable to trace them at the camp.

Another little trick was when they were barred from the local Co-op so they bought a padlock and chain and locked everyone in and then threw away the key.

What would happen I you or I did the same.

Colin

HI

Fair enough but the 17th century was in some ways a quieter place to live(some ways not many)

plus most seekers dont bother to find employment and like most,end up mugging old ladys for a couple of quid(as one headline a while back in kent).

I was walking with my little girl in her pram one day and as i passed the(visitors)they had a little boy in a pram and the boy suddenly through a handfull of stones at my little ones face.

I took delight giving him a good hard kick right in front of his parents.

I also ,from a friends flat watched two male(seekers)walk past a pram and as the mother turned away they leaned in cut this babys face about seven times(why)and this is honest to god truth.

so you are welcome to your opinion :) but take a trip to kent some time (at night)if you want to get stabbed for a couple of quids or your mobile phone. :mad:

I could tell you many more things ive seen so i say send them back before prisons get worse than they allready are.

billy

[ 19. January 2003, 10:34 AM: Message edited by: billy5000 ]

quote:

Overcrowding means that approximately 12,000 prisoners are being held two to a cell designed for one. Many of these cells have open toilets which fail to provide even the most basic of human dignity.

in the seventies there were 3 in a cell the "open" toiletes were buckets (i each thankfully) , as the occupants made the decision to commit a crime dignity doesnt come into the equation ,compared to then the "clients" live in a 5 star hotel in conditions many pensioners would be proud of :)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Hi all,

you will be glad to know im not gonna say anymore about are friends from the sea as chesters put it as it is easy to knock the bad ones dispite all iv'e seen.

plus i dont want to get the moderators to delete me :D:D:D

billy :)