Robbery at gunpoint

RUDD

Not good.

Over on The maggot drowners is a thread about a guy having his gear nicked at gun point. Its in fishing talk and is called carp lads be careful.

Can't put in a link using a tablet.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Probably an otter to blame if it's to do with carp! :doh:

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

That's scary. I've never (touch wood) had any grief on the bank, especially from gun wielding maniacs, but if I was threatened with any kind of weapon I'm fairly certain I would probably just let them take what they want.

Can't quite picture myself running them through with a bank stick!

There was a guy on the old cemex site whos mate was done for his carp gear on my local bit of the river a few months ago and he was letting them take his gear but 4 of them set into him with a heavy chain leaving him with an op for a detached retina .

They have now arrested 3 travellers from a local site in connection with it one of whom is wanted for questioning about an outstanding stabbing in maidnehead.

So even letting them take the gear didn`t mean he was safe ,Fished that bit for donkeys after dark with no problems so just proves this kinda thing can happen anywhere and we as anglers are vunerable when fishing alone

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Guns have been prevalent in this country since the breakup of the eastern block and then with an open gate given to the refugees to bring them in thanks to Mr Blair it’s not hard to get a small revolver down most town high streets.

I personally would never night fish unless i was 90% certain it would be safe and that now unhappily in our land is a very hard thing to do . I hope he has got over his bad experience .

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

Guns have been prevalent in this country since the breakup of the eastern block

Naff-all to do with the break-up of the eastern bloc mate - guns have been freely available on the 'High Street' - as you put it - for the last 20 years or more, and the numbers are no greater now than they were then. The biggest cause for this was likely the change in the guin laws that made owning virtually ANY handgun impossible, which saw way too many of them enter the black market, rather than be surrendered (for a pittance) and subsequently destroyed - and tighter controls on the sale (privately) of shotguns.

The BIG difference is that at one time, it was primarily the heavier criminals who bought the weapons, and their use was usually withi their own circles, or major crimes.

NOW, any idiot with a couple of hundred quid - or way less - can source a firearm without too much difficulty, and most of these illegal guns are ending up in the hands of wannabe gangsta's - often no more than kids who you would not trust to sit the right way around on a bloody toilet seat! ... and THEY come into contact with Jo Public WAY too often.

philo,

Probably agree with your post. Just wanted to point out the end of the eastern bloc was 1985. My - how time flys!

I have no idea how to comment on the thread subject. I thought everyone had a gun.

Phone

LOL...Mate...You are right mate but then your dates confirm that i am right as the break up of the soviet union was 20 + years ago so perhaps dates need to be learnt here.

Where did an arsenal of 10 X the United states go then?

I know 20 years back many hit the high street....

philo,

Probably agree with your post. Just wanted to point out the end of the eastern bloc was 1985. My - how time flys!

I have no idea how to comment on the thread subject. I thought everyone had a gun.

Phone

LOL....Yes..being that i lived in the US for a while it is a subject that would be a difficult one. You are not in Texas are you as the kids there are only aloud real guns and quite often their parents visit 'Guns are us' at Xmas...

Edited by Dave H

Well I fish at night in many different venues and some of which I am told I am mad. Rudd told me that recently.

That maybe true (I am mad).

I think you are at more risk going to a cashpoint machine than fishing so I don't let it ruin my fishing.

If its gonna happen it will don't dwell on it.

The same thing has happened daytime aswell. At least in the dark they have little vision as you do maybe less so you may have a slight advantage.

John

Edited by John Weddup