Not exactly thick and fast but better than a blank :)

Tigger

Weather looked good today so I had a wander up one of the river stretches for a spot of trotting.

First thing I noticed was how the pin head fry had dimminished drastically in numbers after just that one small fush of water. I had a nosy under several stones to see if there was much life under there and was pleased to see it was teaming with life...shrimps and lots of other creepy crawlies plus a good supply of bullheads. It's been a long time since I bothered to look under the rocks like that and it was fasinating, in fact i had to stop myself and start fishing I was enjoying it so much.

nne4.th.jpg

I usually get a barbel or a chub within the first two or three trotts in this swim but it must have taken about twenty trotts before the float slipped under an I struck into a barbel. It was probably about another 20 trotts through the swim again before the float dipped and I hooked a chub.

I caught another chub in that swim and then moved 50yds downstream to another nice trott where my first three fish where dace, both of a decent stamp followed by a chub of about 3lb.

3fpi.th.jpg

eetv.th.jpg

I had a few more trotts before the float did it's disappearing act and I struck into a feisty trout that really put up a scrap, it looked about 2 1/2 to 3lb so quite a chunky trout.

After that my stomach was awaiting some jack-bit so I made tracks back home.

Is that a Drennan waggler rod, Tigger? I bought one back in '88 when they came out and have regretted parting with it ever since it was sold. Of late, I got around to wondering whether it really was as good as I remembered, so when a decent example came up on Ebay it was snapped up.

In terms of action, balance, weight and finish it's as least as good as I remember and every bit as as impressive as its modern counterparts; perhaps better. Drennan made some fabulous rods in that period.

Edit - Top angling, BTW :thumbs:

Edited by robtherake

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

Is that a Drennan waggler rod, Tigger? I bought one back in '88 when they came out and have regretted parting with it ever since it was sold. Of late, I got around to wondering whether it really was as good as I remembered, so when a decent example came up on Ebay it was snapped up.

In terms of action, balance, weight and finish it's as least as good as I remember and every bit as as impressive as its modern counterparts; perhaps better. Drennan made some fabulous rods in that period.

Edit - Top angling, BTW :thumbs:

Hello Rob , thank's for the comment :). The rod's an im8 specimine float rod, it does look very much like the waggler rods. I used to have the im8 super waggler but parted with it which I do regret ! It was a brilliant rod but not quite enough backbone for barbel, but then again it wasn't designed for them. The im8 specimen float rod is actually made for trotting with barbel in mind although to look at it you'd think it was a silver fish rod due to it's slim blank and light weight.

Imo drennan rods of old are far superiour to their modern ranges.