Don't mention the Euro

Jim Roper

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Apache:

Frnace also has the advantage of cheap booze and fags! I speak fluent French and have spent a lot of time in France - But I would miss Blighty if I moved there for good.

I don't want the Euro!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache,

Thats right Cheap booze cheap fags which in part is a cheaper cost of living.

But you dont want the Euro? Please explain.

I agree with RUDD, that the advantages of having the Euro are far outweighed by the problems it would cause.

[ 10. June 2003, 12:51 PM: Message edited by: Apache ]

Tight Lines,

Matt AKA "The Kid!"

FishingPosts

in 39 a german had a dream, The Thousand Year Reich. the master race stormed across europe spreading their version of a uniting of nations,to the detrement of the poor sods crushed under their jack-boots,during this time the children were brain washed in the belief they were the superior race in the world( this reflects their attitude on holiday to-day)the people running germany for the last 55+ yrs were part of this era, their informanant years were in the hitler youth,the brown shirts and the nazi party.what was unacheavable by war is now done by stealth, they learned the lessons of the past so if you don't watch out Mr Hitler's dream will be a reality, As for the french, at that time there was the free french who fought and the Vichy french who collaberated, it seems the vichy is still in power. so down with europe, it's a pity they built the tunnel fishy1

Guest NickInTheNorth

Hi Rudd

Sorry but that is just the biggest load of rubbish I ever read.

The question of joining or not joining the euro will have zero impact on the "immigration" problem. The prime cause of the migrant problem is that there are now no real border control withing europe. The currency does not affect it at all.

Poland joining the EU, why will that result in the Poles flooding into Britain? The whole idea of joining is to improve their lot at home, and bring the standard of living in their own country up to modern european standards. Why would they want to move from there home to be treated as criminals? Also if they do choose to come here and not work then the benefits would be paid by there own government. (And I presume you would make the same argument about the other 9 states about to join?)

Interest rates will increase by 2 to 3 %? Why should they european interest rates have been lower than britains for decades, and are currently about 2%!

House prices, the biggest problem with britains economy is the stupid idea, that we have all swallowed hook line and sinker, that a house is an investment. WRONG, it is a house it is something you live in. If your house increases in value by 50% does that give you anything? No it simply means that if you choose to sell it costs you 50% more to buy a new house.

As to a referendum, that is exactly what is being proposed.

RUDD:

If we join the Euro it will open the flood gates which are already slightly ajar for every immigrant coming into the European community to march straight into the United Kingdom for a free handout.

Once Poland joins the Eu there will be tens of thousands of them fleeing Poland to live in the UK.

I work with a Polish girl who has told me that the Germans are buying any property that comes up for sale in poland because they can afford it and the polish people cannot.

They then rent it out to the polish at high prices.

Also if we join the euro the Germans and French will be setting our interest rates for our mortages and loans.

As you all know these are at their lowest for years making them affordable to most UK citizens.

House prices in Germany and France are half of what they are in the UK.

You can buy a four bedroomed house with 10 acres of land and a two acre lake for about seventy thousand pounds in France!!!!!!!!

In the Uk you will get a one or if you are lucky two bedroomed starter home in most locations in the UK.

AS SOON AS WE JOIN THE EURO INTEREST RATES WILL RISE BY TWO TO THREE PERCENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our housing market will crash and there will be hundreds of thousands of people losing their homes as they cannot make the monthly payments on their mortgages and loans!!!!!!!

As there is a housing shortage already where will the local councils house these people as their council houses are already full of immigrants and scroungers.

Its no wonder the National Front and British national party is gaining more support across the country day by day.

There are some who say the BNP should be made illegal or banned. These people forget we live in a democratic country with freedom of speech and it is a peoples right to vote for this party, the communist party or the raving looney party if they so wish.

The EURO thing should be decided by a national referendam as it should be the peoples choice not the goverments.

Generations of British servicemen and civilians have fought and died in various wars and conflicts around the globe and in Europe to keep Britain a free country as it is today and to maintain our values on/and our way of life.

If we need to change currancy why not change to the USD which is the main currancy used for trading across the world and has the biggest gold reserve in the world to protect it?????????

Hello Rudd,

I see your concerns but it really is a matter of weighing up the Advantages/disadvantages .

The World is becoming a smaller place and that is a fact we are all the same polish/german/english/french they are just names of countries it is the cultures of these nations that concerns many people.

Many frenchman see us as a alcaholic aggressive nation- we are not all like that and thats because they see our football hooligans on television smashing up Marseille.

Many English see the French as ignorant and cowards because they refused to support us in the Iraq war and they refuse to talk english even in england- Again they are not all like that trust me.

Many Europeans see the Germans as just about everything wicked you name it they are it!!

I know a German, He is not rich or ignorant and has no intentions of buying any property in Poland.

Are we to stick a pin on every europeans back with a countries name on it so we can treat them accordingly when we meet him.

"He is a German he must be rich dont talk to him"

Is somebody who leaves England and sets up in Normandy not a refugee just as a polish man is who wants to come here?

The french would see it as so.

So then according to many people you should all stick to your countries and live nowhere else because you are a "burden" a "liability" a "blood sucker" to that country you want to move too.

Look at the "United States of America" a vast and great nation, the richest in the world!

A huge country that has its little countries(states) which have there own cultures and laws just like europe could have.

And yes offcoarse you have the richer states and poorer ones but thats life and that is the case in any country here now with richer areas as well as poorer ones.

On a lighter note in years to come i can see many europeans settling not here but in european states like southern france and spain.

As far as interest rates and housing goes you are probably right they may increase but if you are a first time buyer now especially in the south you have no chance anyway. My niece is married and has one child living in south london, the income that supports them is £35000 once the Tax(ohh!! the Tax!) there is nothing left so they live with there parents

In southern England rented accomadation has shot up over300% and why?- its because people like my niece can't get on the ladder but rich property owners who sell up higher up th chain will buy those first time houses after selling there own for huge profits and then renting those first time houses off - I know because my sister has just done it and i know many who have.

I think the housing market is healthy if you are in it!!! but what about the youngsters our future its not so good for them because even at low interest rates the wages are low and the house prices are to high.

I have nothing but admiration and gratitude for those that lost there lives in the wars but they were fighting for our right to remain free for there families and loved ones.I am affraid that it does not bare any resemblence in what we are discussing here. We are not being forced here nobody is coming over here with guns pointed at our heads?

Why do you think the germans or french will control what we do? Are we not strong enough then? so whos fault is that?

Referendam? Yes the nation should take the vote this is far to big for the government to vote for us.Freedom of choice now thats what we did fight for?

I work with a Polish girl who has told me that the Germans are buying any property that comes up for sale in poland because they can afford it and the polish people cannot.

They then rent it out to the polish at high prices.

I don't see what that has to do with the Euro. I wish I had thought of it myself.

As there is a housing shortage already where will the local councils house these people as their council houses are already full of immigrants and scroungers.

Second on my list of reasons for leaving the UK amigo. As far as I am concerned there are four things any civilised country should provide for its citizens. They are

1 Affordable housing for ALL.

2 First class health care for ALL.

3 Clean usable public transport.

4 A first class education ALL children.

This country falls over on all four counts!

Its no wonder the National Front and British national party is gaining more support across the country day by day.

There are some who say the BNP should be made illegal or banned. These people forget we live in a democratic country with freedom of speech and it is a peoples right to vote for this party, the communist party or the raving looney party if they so wish.

I agree

The EURO thing should be decided by a national referendam as it should be the peoples choice not the goverments.

I disagree, most of the great unwashed do not understand the issues or seem to be willing to vote on emotions and hazy recollections of the Raj

Generations of British servicemen and civilians have fought and died in various wars and conflicts around the globe and in Europe to keep Britain a free country as it is today and to maintain our values on/and our way of life.

My Grandparents amongst them. A free country, our values and way of life have got b*gger all to do with what we name we give to the beer tokens in our pockets though.

If we need to change currancy why not change to the USD which is the main currancy used for trading across the world and has the biggest gold reserve in the world to protect it?????????

Get real, the Americans would'nt have us. Gold reserves have not been much good for propping up currencies since the 1930's. What do you want to 'protect' it against pray tell?

If we join the Euro it will open the flood gates which are already slightly ajar for every immigrant coming into the European community to march straight into the United Kingdom for a free handout.

Once Poland joins the Eu there will be tens of thousands of them fleeing Poland to live in the UK.

But we NEED immigrants, or who is going to pay our pensions in years to come? If it's so good here why are we not already down at the head with all the French, Spanish, Portuguease, Greeks, Germans, Italians etc who can already move here if they want?

Also if we join the euro the Germans and French will be setting our interest rates for our mortages and loans.

As you all know these are at their lowest for years making them affordable to most UK citizens.

House prices in Germany and France are half of what they are in the UK.

You can buy a four bedroomed house with 10 acres of land and a two acre lake for about seventy thousand pounds in France!!!!!!!!

In the Uk you will get a one or if you are lucky two bedroomed starter home in most locations in the UK.

I am not sure what point you are trying to make. Property andf interest rates have been lower in France and Germany than in the UK for ages. I don't see what this has got to do with the Euro

And this is BAD. The interest rate on my loan to buy my flat in France is at just under 4% and is fixed for the term. It is not even a mortgage for Pete's sake. If I can't keep up the payments they can't even reposess the property.

AS SOON AS WE JOIN THE EURO INTEREST RATES WILL RISE BY TWO TO THREE PERCENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our housing market will crash and there will be hundreds of thousands of people losing their homes as they cannot make the monthly payments on their mortgages and loans!!!!!!!

I don't get your logic here. Interest rates in Euroland are much lower than here, so why do you think our rates would RISE here after we join the Euro

Sorry Rudd I could (often do) go on and on but your arguments do'nt really stack up and I need to get back to work.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

fishy1:

in 39 a german had a dream, The Thousand Year Reich. the master race stormed across europe spreading their version of a uniting of nations,to the detrement of the poor sods crushed under their jack-boots,during this time the children were brain washed in the belief they were the superior race in the world( this reflects their attitude on holiday to-day)the people running germany for the last 55+ yrs were part of this era, their informanant years were in the hitler youth,the brown shirts and the nazi party.what was unacheavable by war is now done by stealth, they learned the lessons of the past so if you don't watch out Mr Hitler's dream will be a reality, As for the french, at that time there was the free french who fought and the Vichy french who collaberated, it seems the vichy is still in power. so down with europe, it's a pity they built the tunnel fishy1

Stop living in the 1940's. This is the 21st Century for crying out loud.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Who exactly will benefit from joining the Euro?......Fat cats and big business that's who. Poor Joe public will have to bare the cost of changing over and then be told "it's good for industry", whip-whoo for industry!

As for the price of fags and beer, will they be reduced in price to bring them in line with Europe? yeh right, won't hold my breath. And I can just see the price of petrol being slashed aswell.....Not!

B***ocks to the bloody Euro.

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

quote:

Corydoras

~~~~~~~

"The greatest joy is to conquer one’s enemies, to pursue them, to seize their belongings, to see their families in tears, to ride their horses and to possess their wives and daughters."

Genghis Khan

Isn't this what the Germans done to most of Europe then what Russia done to two thirds of Europe and half of Germany.

WHAT SHORT MEMORIES THESE EUROPEANS HAVE

quote:

Many frenchman see us as a alcaholic aggressive nation- we are not all like that and thats because they see our football hooligans on television smashing up Marseille.

Football hooligans are rife across Europe.

I know people from Holland, Spain, Germany and Italy who have told me it happens most weeks in these countries.

The reason it is highlighted when English (Not Scotish, Irish or Welsh) fans are involved is because most europeans do not like us.

quote:

Is somebody who leaves England and sets up in Normandy not a refugee just as a polish man is who wants to come here?

The french would see it as so.

Not when you buy your property and dont leech off the system.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!