More 'pin madness

Rusty

Thankfully I'm able to view these auctions with a little more sensibility than would have been the case two years ago. Rather than reach for the plastic I just smile with an understanding of what these particular 'pinhead bidders are going through. Helped by the fact that I have an identical reel on its way from CL at much lower cost :).

http://tinyurl.com/od4gojw

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Rusty,

Is that the one you were expecting to arrive any moment - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Two years ago.

Phone

Edited by Phone

Rusty,

Is that the one you were expecting to arrive any moment - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Two years ago.

Phone

That's the one Phone, this February it'll be four years since I ordered it. Last time I phoned CL he got a bit short with me, his alternative business has taken off again and the reels are on the back burner. I've got another 14 months to wait for the Barder rod but I think that'll arrive before the reel.

That's the one Phone, this February it'll be four years since I ordered it. Last time I phoned CL he got a bit short with me, his alternative business has taken off again and the reels are on the back burner. I've got another 14 months to wait for the Barder rod but I think that'll arrive before the reel.

Just curious Rusty - 'alternative business' ... what's he up to? Annything fishing-related? :-)

Four years?! I'd be losing the plot by now I hate waiting for new toys! Waiting 4 days for my welder to show up was bad enough!

• Like 1

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88

Four years?! I'd be losing the plot by now I hate waiting for new toys! Waiting 4 days for my welder to show up was bad enough!

It's one of those things that you don't do later in life, you'll probably never see it. :wheelchair:

It makes me wonder if CL offers a 'lifetime' guarantee, so the longer you have to wait, the less time the reel has to last. ;)

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Just curious Rusty - 'alternative business' ... what's he up to? Annything fishing-related? :-)

He makes components for telecom masts I think, that's his main source of income and it's more lucrative than making centrepins. Six months ago business dropped off so he went back to the reels assuring enquiring customers (me!) that 'it'll be in the next batch'. Business has picked up again so the reels aren't a priority anymore, they're just a hobby for him really. That's why he doesn't take a deposit, he can never be sure of delivery times so it's not reasonable to ask a customer to part with any cash until the reel is finished, I can live with that.

I have, however, paid a substantial deposit for the Barder rod so I'd be a lot more vocal about delays should they occur.