3 Adrian LEWIS £437,400

4 Simon WHITLOCK £311,300

5 Andy HAMILTON £295,700

6 James WADE £265,000

7 Dave CHISNALL £256,300

8 Wes NEWTON £205,200

9 Robert THORNTON £204,400

10 Raymond VAN BARNEVELD £200,100

I've always enjoyed darts, I was brought up in the era of Bristow, Lowe, George, Rees and Wilson a time when real personalaties were up on the stage drinking beer. The prize money's never been that good though, take out tax & expenses then add in a life on the road doing the exhibition circuit and those numbers don't look that great. And you have to be bloody good to earn it. I once saw Jocky Wilson play a pub exhibition, he took on the best of the pub team and nobody got anywhere near him. Every time a young upstart got close he'd pop in a 180 or a big finish to see him off.

The top players are very good at what they do.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

From my reading of on the BBC web site neither men get the money, it was on offer if there was only 1 nine darter

looked into it.

They both get 15000.00

Unless someone else gets one 10000.00 and so on.

Yes darts is a sport - it has proffesionals who make a tidy living out of it.

The good old is it a sport argument - archery is as is making a horse dance.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

So bloody boring.e3858.gif

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

...Yes darts is a sport...

I thought it was just something men did in pubs to relieve the boredom of sitting around drinking beer and having to talk to each other.
"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

I thought it was just something men did in pubs to relieve the boredom of sitting around drinking beer and having to talk to each other.

From watching Darts tournaments on TV its would seem an excuse for the majority of fans (including women) to sit around getting drunk, then to have a good old sing song.

Back in the eighties I used to watch it on TV with my parents (both county grade players) and the crowd were a well behaved lot whilst the players drank and smoked their heads off.

These days the crowd look like they are p!ssed as newts and very very rowdy whilst the players have become very professional (I belive they have to take drug/alcohol tests).

Conclusion: You can take the alcohol out of darts but cannot take darts away from alcohol :drunk:

Edited by RUDD

RUDD

Rudd, i played for the "The Thrasher" pub team for years.

See if i can find the highest league out score trophy's and photo :nerd:

I played Felixstowe summer / winter league's for Hand in hand and Ferry boat inn.

Work round corner from Thrasher.

RUDD

I used to play super league in Chelmsford / Essex back in the 70s so I can do it.

Darts is not a sport, it's a game.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/