Kayakfishing Chat - more

Newt

need a tide clock with a mirror on it now, to hang at willows height in the fish porch.

don't know if socksy squirrel looks at our naughty threads, but he would be pleased to know i am taking his advice, the bait/beer fridge contains experimental salted squid & salted cockles.

just need to get out to try em out now :rolleyes::)

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All

Well went for my first fishing trip Saturday and guess what? Yep, a complete blank!

Contrary to the local paper weather forecast of slight southerly it blew must have been 3 to 4 steady easterly. Gotta say it was not pleasant, choppy, cold, wet and blown about .

Still, I learnt a lot about paddling with the Caper loaded up and two rods out. Paddle/Rod clips I fitted starboard and port were very useful.

I didn't tip which was a major bonus, but did find it difficult to reach back under the netting bungees to grab some stuff.

So, a lot learnt, i.e where I keep my bait box, some of my spare tackle and use Met office forecast not the bloody Evening Herald!

Ended up with left over rag and peelers but weather worst today so frozen the peelers and put the worms in the Plym (sort of catch and release !!)

Nick

Yakity,

So much has happened since your question at the top...the Prowler 13 build is awaiting a deliveries, yes I do hope to fit another fishfinder...have been promised one but awaiting it's arrival, rod holders and some other interesting bits are on their way...oh and a couple of might fine looking compasses sitting in the kitchen awaiting fitting, also some OK bits due on their next delivery.

Been busy this weekend trying to finish that loo...nearly there, turned the water on only 3 leaks, thankfully none are solder joints.

Had an injection in the shoulder on Thursday managed to get the PFD on today...now I've got to check to see if I can get the wetsuit on :D

Ziggy, saw another one of your round bottomed craft on ebay on friday £10, it may have runout by now but might be worth checking out.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Hi Yaskalos,

Sorry to hear your trip was a bit rough.

But not wasted time by the sounds of it.

At least now, you know what is, and isnt working for you on the Yak.

All part of the fun :D , fine tuning the Kayak and kit placement.

After a couple of outings, you wont have to even look for your gear, your hands will go straight to it.

Hope your next bash is better.

Might pay to sit in the Yak on dry land, and pretend to fish, turning to reach kit, do you realy need the bungees and netting?, adapt the Yak to what you want, and what works the best.

Ive changed my set up quite a few times before I got it right.

yy :)

Hi Starvin,

Sounds like Christmas all over again :D

I can not believe you havnt finnished the bog yet :D

Youll be pleased to know Ive finnished the lounge now.......after you picked me up on the gloos work :(:D

I hope the injection does the trick for you.......ohh the joys of assending years.

Re the 13, check the thickness of the front cup holder??, just curious.

Just waiting for a gap in the weather here to get out for a while, my gills are starting to itch.

Having FINNISHED the lounge, my brownie points are realy stacking up.......hegh...heh...heh.

yy :)

YY - with all the activity this is miles down the list - I didn't realise until reading the updates that you have got your hatch stuck shut now - a bit of foam coaming edging might help to give the straps something to bite down on if you are worried about leaks. I don't know how fine a pipe lagging you can get, but car door edge trim is soft rubber - you could probably get a yard from a scrap yard! If not your local car repairer might know how to get it. A bit better than pipe lagging me thinks. Anyway, your hatch cover is going nowhere! Well, only where you go

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo