Freshawater fishing locations

Murph

Salar, you are right and you have just reminded me of a brilliant summer piking venue that i heard about a year or two ago - the river Yar in Norfolk/Suffolk. There is a chap there who guides for fellows wanting to flyfish for pike - gets a dozen or more each day - so I'm told.

All we need now is to find somewhere to launch off the bank.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ireland - trout fishing on Mask or Corrib, hum, interesting thought :rolleyes:

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Simon Everett:

Ireland - trout fishing on Mask or Corrib, hum, interesting thought   :rolleyes:  

You would need a drift chute, and a way of untangling it from the rocks, but otherwise its perfect. Just keep an eye on the weather and take no chances. I prefer Corrib, more islands to hide behind when it gets blowy. You'd get very funny looks from the locals though :D

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

You can fish from a kayak in any public water where private boats and fishing is allowed. The major reservoirs and private lakes have their own boats for hire, so would never encourage you to launch your own. There is also a perceived problem with public liability and personal insurance. Most of the major river networks have good opportunities to launch and flyfish for just about everything including pike. I have a boat on the thames and I share my stretch with two kayakers who flyfish successfully for both chub and pike. You will of course require the appropriate regional boat licence.

[ 25. May 2005, 01:37 PM: Message edited by: argyll ]

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Fished Windermere two years ago with the good lady and I am sure we had to get a licence AND permit from tourist information in Ambleside.

I would give them a bell to make sure first chaps!

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Thanks Snatcher and Argyll for your advice.

Already got my eye on Irish waters where there seem to be little restrictions unlike England with all those concerns about public liability as you rightly say Argyll.

Much appreciated

Murph

Me too Murph. Those limestone loughs are calling - and as a bonus you have brilliant bass fishing around the coast.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo