Edited by argyll

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Only a suggestion but if those that are coming a long distance care to publish their location then a bit of car sharing might be in order.

Guest Ferret1959

I'll be going there from Burnham on Sea and leaving there to go to Leicester.

If I can help anyone out it'll be my pleasure.:)

Breaking news :huh: .......Chris (Goddard) has very kindly donated a rod for a raffle on the day. Since the Timsbury trip has in the past been associated with a donation to a cancer charity, I'm proposing that via the raffle we do likewise this year and make a donation to the McMillan Nurses fund. That was one of Alan Taylor's favourite charities

Edited by argyll

Guest sandpipper

J12BPG Test valley council have cracked down on all roadside food vans, but if you follow the directions given on here just before timbury lakes is two pubs and if you carry on past the lakes theres another pub all serve food. If anyone wants me to ill go in each one for you lot and ask about prices. P.S. the route isnt the one id use but hey i only live here,lol

Thanks for the advice sandpipper, no need to do a pub crawl on our behalf. :)

Perhaps we'll see you on the day.

Edited by argyll

Any chance of those that have fished there before giving us "newbies" some hints and tips on what to expect?

Beachcaster or whip??? :huh::);)

My first thought is maybe my J.W avon/quiver, 4lb mainline and a selection of feeders??????? :mellow:

Or is that a bit to "beefy" and i'd be better off with something lighter?

What's the pace of the water like, fast? slow?

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Any chance of those that have fished there before giving us "newbies" some hints and tips on what to expect?

Beachcaster or whip??? :huh::);)

My first thought is maybe my J.W avon/quiver, 4lb mainline and a selection of feeders??????? :mellow:

Or is that a bit to "beefy" and i'd be better off with something lighter?

What's the pace of the water like, fast? slow?

Yep definitely beachcaster. Failing that I'll tell ya what I'll be taking. For the grayling and anything else around the 1-2 lb mark that cares to grab my maggots a 13 foot float rod equipped with a smallish reel (centrepin or fixed spool) loaded with 4lb mono. Trotting rather than static presentation is best and more fun. Hook length...1.5lb. A little heavier if there's colour in the water on the day. I'll have a feeder rod out also (two rod max) with 6lb mono and a big hookfull of lobs, meat, cheese whatever for any of the chub might be knocking about. I'll also take a made up short lure rod in the quiver just in case the Timsbury monster shows up :rolleyes:

Edited by argyll