GRAYLING BASH...TIMSBURY MANOR...NOV 12th

argyll

Will you be giving casting lessons on how to get stuck in every tree in your swim?

Heh, I only lost half my entire float collection that day :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not doing Timsbury this year - BUT there IS a good chance of the EA showing up. I was chatting to an EA bailiff at a club meeting a couple of years ago and he admitted that some of his colleagues lurk on boards like this! We had an EA baillif turn up on the 1st ever fish in I organised for AN on the Kennet- Notable for it's attrocius weather and for Dave (Ferret1959) vacating a swim just before a tree fell in it! :o

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

I'm all for the EA checking licences, but when individuals just leech off forums like this to make their job easier, it pees me off.

Still, like I said before, makes the figures look good, eh?

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

Incidentally, what's the score if you have a licence but just don't have it on you when the bailiff asks? Is it like car documents where you have a grace period to show them at the local police station? Would you be politely 'invited' to stop fishing for the day ?

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

far as i know, all you have to do is prove your identity, then they can check with their records. there's no question of showing your licence elsewhere at a later date.

Yeah, my mate Nic never got sent one when ordering online and was asked for it at Timsbury. He just gave him his details.

Gutted about the braided mainline,Im hooked on it for trotting now! With a spliced tip stick float rod and braided mainline my hook up to landed ratio with grayling has greatly improved. I had always thought the lack of stretch might agravate the problem but it doesnt.Never mind back to the dark days of mono! be having to dig out the Wallis Avon next!

Anyone (Leon, Chris P?) heard or seen anything of the big roach that are meant to be there as I know I will be fed up with carching small grayling by dinner time! Tried in the lower reach of the slow carrier last year for a while but had to keep dodging the carp!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Budgie, you better have your sick bucket with you this time as I do remember that you was poorly there last time?

Edited by Andrew Burgess

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Anyone (Leon, Chris P?) heard or seen anything of the big roach that are meant to be there as I know I will be fed up with carching small grayling by dinner time! Tried in the lower reach of the slow carrier last year for a while but had to keep dodging the carp!

Dodging carp sounds good to me never had a carp out of a river before, what did you fail to dodge them with?

I'm back is fishing like riding a bike? you never forget how?