cod fishing (help)

basshead07

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NickInTheNorth

And my apologies for the hijacking of your thread, unfortunately I know nothing about cod fishing down on the south coast, (or anywhere for that matter). I sure someone will be along and point you in the right direction later.

Well for starters cod have got almighty gobs and can swallow a dinner plate sideways whilst only being 250mm long.

So you need a biggish hook 0/4 to 0/6 depending on bait.

[ 08. September 2005, 05:37 PM: Message edited by: Ken Davison South Wales ]

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

ok cheers and all i want to no is bout the cod guys not u tellin me to grow up and move ok? any other info would be great :)

dont be too dissapointed when you dont catch a fish after its not called catching its called fishing! :D

Book a place on a Charter Boat, out of Whitby. Posted Image

There must be Charter Boats out of the South Coast ports, wreck fishing is your best bet.

I would think any Cod from the beach is now getting harder, but as the temperatures drop, Winter is the best time, then your chances will increase. Keep an eye on your local fishing reports and make a note of the hot spots. Chesil Beach and along the Solent Coastline are good places to start. Go to the seaside and have a look, talk to those that are they’re fishing and ask. All good anglers will give you the best advice. Pennel rigs of 4/0 – 6/0 with big baits, try cocktails of Peeler Crab, Black lug, ask the local anglers what’s their favourite baits for catching Cod.

Good Luck in your quest for Cod.

Cheers 4 Now

John E

ANBanna.gif

anyone can catch from a boat john....hehe

4lb 13oz of SUMMER beach cod (backend of june that was, 1 of 3 if i remember right)

Posted Image

same as anything mate, if you put in the hours and go out scouting out new marks, picjk ya tides and conditions and try and make sure your bait is in tip top condition.

but dont let the "blank" sessions put you off, you just have to keep soldiering on.

good luck

mack

[ 08. September 2005, 06:55 PM: Message edited by: macky ]