Rod licances

mvwales

If you fish on a pond for carp and you have a fav rig and tactic that you know will work and catch you a bag of fish on that venue but you know another method wich is slower and you know its not as effective which method would you opt for.

Whatever takes my fancy, sometimes I go fishing to relax and not to bothered about catching anything, other times I like to try a new method or just want to use a particular rod/reel.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Having caught salmon on fly , worm and spinner I wouldn't say any one method is innately superior to another. Too many variables - on its day fly is effective and for me is by far the most satisfying to use. Nowt to do with snobbery- I am an all rounder and fish for everything from tench to salmon via barbel and pike - but using a double hander fly rod is immensely satisfying. Spinning can get tedious but worm fishing is an extremely skilful method when done properly. Don't think for a second it is like legering for coarse fish- the worm is worked constantly and takes are amazingly subtle sometimes- just a tiny check in the worm's passage over a lie . I also would not fall for the old nonsense about salmon fishing being full of terrible snobs. MY experience is that we are all fishermen and every branch of the sport has experts and idiots. The one thing I would say - and it is an uncomfortable truth - is that game fishermen rarely drop significant amounts of litter-or any in most cases. I have just returned from clearing up a stretch of river with 3 bin bags full of crap dropped mainly by coarse anglers and although litter louts are a minority there are far far too many who happen to be coarse fisherman. Not starting class warfare - and I have fished for coarse fish for 50 years and more but some of my fellow coarse fishermen are nothing short of a disgrace when it comes to litter.!

. The one thing I would say - and it is an uncomfortable truth - is that game fishermen rarely drop significant amounts of litter-or any in most cases. I have just returned from clearing up a stretch of river with 3 bin bags full of crap dropped mainly by coarse anglers and although litter louts are a minority there are far far too many who happen to be coarse fisherman. Not starting class warfare - and I have fished for coarse fish for 50 years and more but some of my fellow coarse fishermen are nothing short of a disgrace when it comes to litter.!

Very true, but some years back I fished a very exclusive (and expensive) beat of the Spey, and the amount of litter there was appalling. No coarse fishing allowed on that stretch, so it was all undiluted salmon/seatrout anglers' litter.

Some piers and beaches take the biscuit also for litter - so don't leave the seafishing litterbugs out of it either !

I do despair of some of my fellow anglers at times like that

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

as for litter; heres my pet hate:

smokers who think its acceptable to to:

A: flick their fag butts into the lake

B: stub fag butts out on the platform and leave them there

makes the place look disgusting and its simply not nice to see fag butts floating about in the water!

• Like 1