carpo's must have

barry luxton

Ive seen this as well mate but of course being an untidy angler wont make you a better angler! but I think being tidy and organised will! A lot of it for me though is a confidence/(I don't know what the word is! but "feeling right") thing. Sat behind an untidy set up (mainly crooked banksticks) for any length of time just "irritates/offends" me! daft maybe but better to spend a few minutes sorting this simple "distraction" than to sit there with it winding me up rather than concentrating on far more important things! As I said a bit of OCD possibly!

But I do think there is a case for being tidy and organised especially at night. But accept that there is a difference between having everything "lined up" and being organised,

There really was a rod pod with built in spirit level a few years back. Me I love wobble stick set ups. I have 3 rods all over the place, hangars at different heights and usually no rear rests at all preferring a bucket or log to rest em on.

After all the carp cant see your neat and tidy set up. Can they?

One of the best anglers I ever met had the untidiest set up you have ever seen proving theres nothing technical about carp fishing other than in the minds of the brainwashed.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

One of the best anglers I ever met had the untidiest set up you have ever seen proving theres nothing technical about carp fishing other than in the minds of the brainwashed.

Just for the record, Fred J Taylor was one of the tidiest anglers I have ever fished with. and Dick Walker the untidiest. When Dick and Fred shared a punt after tench at Wooton Underwood there were, in the words of the diplomatic service " a full and frank exchange of views" but they both learned to live with it and enjoyed many sessions together.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Just for the record, Fred J Taylor was one of the tidiest anglers I have ever fished with. and Dick Walker the untidiest. When Dick and Fred shared a punt after tench at Wooton Underwood there were, in the words of the diplomatic service " a full and frank exchange of views" but they both learned to live with it and enjoyed many sessions together.

Ivan Marks was probably the most untidy angler I've ever seen, and he didn't do too bad.

I must have based my approach on him, hoping that something would rub off!

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

All,

I'll throw my two cents worth in. In my life's experience FAR more of the top 2% of anglers are obnoxiously neat and tidy. Also, they seem to insist on the latest and greatest rods and reels. I've not got a lot of experience with salt water anglers but I would bet it is the same.

My persona, if I have one, is to be a slob. I spend almost as much time ensuring that image as the neat and tidies.

Where I "groan" is the meticulous record keeping. "ell I can't remember the venue, much less the peg and details.

Phone