200lb Skate Vs 200lb Conger

Guest C T

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Having fished for both, on balance, I'd much rather fish for Skate.

Don't have a 200lb conger so don't know but would guess Skate - much more powerful swimmers than boring old Congers

Edited by jabee

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target."

Id rather catch a 200lb conger simply because its so much bigger than what anyone else has caught on rod and line before. I can't judge which fish would fight better, but it would be a different fight. Skate would probably be able to exert more force but a conger's fight might be more dogged and active.

Skate probably cover more ground than most people think. Each one of those powerful, indeed unstoppable, runs back to bottom could involve a hundred yard run and you would hardly notice it if you're fishing in 200yds depth. Either catch one in shallow water and see how it goes....or take your conger in 600ft water.

I reckon the skate would win it on speed and length of run.

But, you can get a 200lb skate off the bottom but try pulling a 200lb conger out of wreck its got a hold of ....... on that count the conger would win.

I'll have one of each please .... from my kayak :)

Edited by spanner

no comment.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!