Ticket time - Deal done

RUDD

Paid my club ticket of Thirty pounds last night for the privilege of fishing the Deep clear reservoir another season, a low price for what almost amounts to my own private water most of the time!

To cap it off I have also become a Bailiff for the club - no discount on the ticket but it was agreed my Daughters can fish with me for free.

This will save me the cost of two Ten pound memberships (just in case they fancy a dangle) at another club or the price of two or three day tickets at a commercial.

A good deal? Most certainly one thinks (and an excuse to visit the waters more often than I do already) but why is it licences are due in March ready for April as well as most club tickets?

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

All my club tickets run from January to December.

It's the EA that seem to have started the April to March thing - presumably for the benefit of their own internal accounts, as it broadly fits with the financial year.

As to whether bailifing is a good idea, I suppose it will depend on what the expectations are and the sort of area that you live in. Big and nasty as i am, I certainly wouldn't much fancy the job of confronting the local council estate jobs or gangs of EE poachers every time I fancied a quite fish.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I sign up for two - sometimes three - memberships per year which gives me access to about 15 miles of stream and river in berks, hants, surrey at less than £100 for all three. It includes large gravel pits and small lakes as well, but I scarcely ever use these but I could fish for 50lb carp and 15lb bream if I wanted to. All mine are renewed around March-April. I think this is due to it being the closed season - or in the case of still waters, the former closed season - and possibly also the tax year.

I am also on the committee of one Society and get a small disbursement for this, and this is nearly enough to pay for the whole lot, although it's quite a big commitment.

Mike

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

All my club tickets run from January to December.

It's the EA that seem to have started the April to March thing - presumably for the benefit of their own internal accounts, as it broadly fits with the financial year.

As to whether bailifing is a good idea, I suppose it will depend on what the expectations are and the sort of area that you live in. Big and nasty as i am, I certainly wouldn't much fancy the job of confronting the local council estate jobs or gangs of EE poachers every time I fancied a quite fish.

Going by experience on one hand you have to be pretty stupid ,a third of the year (in my case) you generally see few but the hardy types then the close season appears and the river anglers invade then its peace and quiet again.

Its not all bad you can have a natter then get spoken to in the supermarket and not have a clue who they are (out of context confuses the hell out of me)

The worst thing is the whiner ,they accuse you personally for not catching ,you advise them they are fishing far to heavy for the water and having 3 inches of float showing means the few bites they may get will not be seen ,then on the return trip back past them they didnt change a thing and are still moaning.

The free permit actually costs you more than buying the damn thing, when i used to ride down on the honda 90 it cost 2 quid a week ,fine if your fishing every trip but added up over the year its more in petrol ,a car would make sure your in deficit.

Saying that i bailiff 3 days a week but generally get a lift down with the head bailiff on the rest to tend the crayfish traps ,i must be mad ,ok i definitely am

The good thing about my water is the lack of carp so theres almost zero litter and your not standing in crap the first step into the undergrowth you take ,its a very small water so a two hour trip is about average (i walk to the water on my days)

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Going by experience on one hand you have to be pretty stupid ,a third of the year (in my case) you generally see few but the hardy types then the close season appears and the river anglers invade then its peace and quiet again.

Its not all bad you can have a natter then get spoken to in the supermarket and not have a clue who they are (out of context confuses the hell out of me)

The worst thing is the whiner ,they accuse you personally for not catching ,you advise them they are fishing far to heavy for the water and having 3 inches of float showing means the few bites they may get will not be seen ,then on the return trip back past them they didnt change a thing and are still moaning.

The free permit actually costs you more than buying the damn thing, when i used to ride down on the honda 90 it cost 2 quid a week ,fine if your fishing every trip but added up over the year its more in petrol ,a car would make sure your in deficit.

Saying that i bailiff 3 days a week but generally get a lift down with the head bailiff on the rest to tend the crayfish traps ,i must be mad ,ok i definitely am

The good thing about my water is the lack of carp so theres almost zero litter and your not standing in crap the first step into the undergrowth you take ,its a very small water so a two hour trip is about average (i walk to the water on my days)

Yes, the I am not catching its your fault mob never listen or learn.

The waters I am bailifing are in my village and on one of my nature watching bike routes.

The only time I tend to drive there is when fishing or passing close by.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

I find that rather sad; having to pay that much and the added cost of rod licences etc. to fish 15 miles of rivers. Had to pay a total of $30 to 3 fishing clubs in New Zealand to fish a piddling 1 mile of river for trout and redfin.

I sign up for two - sometimes three - memberships per year which gives me access to about 15 miles of stream and river in berks, hants, surrey at less than £100 for all three. It includes large gravel pits and small lakes as well, but I scarcely ever use these but I could fish for 50lb carp and 15lb bream if I wanted to. All mine are renewed around March-April. I think this is due to it being the closed season - or in the case of still waters, the former closed season - and possibly also the tax year.

I am also on the committee of one Society and get a small disbursement for this, and this is nearly enough to pay for the whole lot, although it's quite a big commitment.

Mike

Queensland has only 1 licence and that enables me and my wife to fish any of 33 dams in an area 7.5 times the size of Gt. Britain and it only costs $33 a year (£18.) No rod licences, no licences to fish any rivers and no licence to fish the coast, or sea.

That $33 is split up into 75% govt admin and 25% to restock any of the dams I choose to nominate.

I think you blokes are badly done by.

Edited by Bobj

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.