Been Asked To Dress A Shark "fly" On This Beast

Snatcher

Guest franticfisherman2
How about tying up a Torresian Imperial Pigeon ? These birds migrate low over the water from the Sunda Islands to mainland Australia and sometimes get snapped up big Spanish Mackerel. (see recent account of trip to Cape York).

I don't think Snatcher will be very good at "matching the hatch" :D:D:D

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shot Phil - well the beast is nearly finished :o

Might win no fans! Mind you I am sure one daft hungry shark may concider "Snatchers Miller Rainbow Experiance"

Will post up the interbreeding thing prob Monday :(

Oh dear,had no street cred anyway :o

What have I done !!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Well its complete !!!!! the varnish is drying so should post up a photo tomorrow. Feedback from the family -

The wife- "Looks like a dead rat"

:(

The sister-in-law "It looks like a bird of paradise" :o

Young Snatcher - just raised his eyebrows and giggled :unsure:

Boo Hoo

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

PIC_0261.jpg

It is a "beast" mind. Any ideas where to start? Have started dressing marlin lures lately but the largest hook I went to was an 8/0. This mother is another step up. Weighed it at work this afternoon 35g :o . I will not be starting to dress it till Sunday morning and I envisage it will take a few days to complete as it will have to be built in stages.

I have a few ideas in mind but nothing definate as yet. Come on chaps fire some ideas to me :)

Not sure what the target sharks are but I think it will be fly gear :unsure: Now bearing in mind when the completed lure becomes wet we may be looking at approx 70g.Does anyone fancy fly casting that weight? I know that some guys on this forum tie custom built big game rods but I do not think one of the top rod-builders on our forum Stan Massey could build a fly rod to cast that weight!!!

If he could I would be inside the cabin as the missile was being whirled around the deck :o

I can envisage it being slowly trolled or jigged below the boat in the rubby dubby trail.When I finish it will post up a picture. Promise not to laugh too loudly mind as I have feelings ;)

How about tying a fly like a labrador puppy, they seem to be a good bait at the moment.

Wish me well!

:D:D:blink::rolleyes:

Well it was a challenge Norm B :o

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

And I struggle casting a wet minkie!

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

You could always tie up a big tube fly so that it can be slid down the leader to the hook.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

PIC_0266.jpg

Added by young snatcher pished as :blink:

Thanks for adding the photo young Snatcher - he has just came in after a night on the tiles! Must take after his mother!!!!

Well as promised the finished article. Like to see someone fly cast this baby :lol: When wet it will probably weigh about 150-200gms :o Thing is you will be able to jig it with a fly rod for your shark.

Fur and feather v sharks teeth :unsure: I fear it will be a one off hook up then it will be trashed :( Tis a shame have become quite attatched to "Snatchers Mr Miller Rainbow Warrior"" :lol::lol::lol:

Well that is the challenge over so its back to the vice and normalsize hooks now 8/0 marlins ;)

Edited by Snatcher

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair