Photo Of The Day.

Guest Ferret1959

hi our flock of goldfinches...

Goldfinches come by the charm, not the flock ;). If you want to entice them into your garden grow some of these nice big, purple, jaggy, Scots thistles, they love the seeds from them.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

my Favourite picture

DSC01193-1-1.jpg

Judy that is AWESOME!!!

Well on Thursday we had a power failure and when the power was restored our decrepid old pc blew up and we have lost everything!!!! I had photo files of practically every photo on this site, the Comps, the Photo of the Day, Sunsets and Sunrises, Birds, Wildlife, Flowers, and it is daunting but I will endeavour to do it all again. Sadly some that have been removed from the site are lost to me forever now, like Steves 'dog with a bottle' that I was very fond of but was later replaced. We are now renting a nice Pentium 4, not the way I would normally go but we simply couldn't wait to save the money. It is a $1500 pc which will cost us $1800 in rental over 3 years at which time we will just trade up for a new one. There will be $250 still owing on it if any of our friends or family want to purchase it at that price they can or we will just give it back and get a new one. Does that sound absurb? It does include all maintenance and repairs. It's not like you ever get any money for an old pc, sometimes you can't even give them away. It's nice though and I hope my pleasure of the new pc is not too overshadowed by my eventual realisation of exactly what I have lost, my sons wedding photos etc. I mean I had over 300 photos of my sons wedding on file and the 60 best ones that I had printed up are still on a cd as are all the photos I have had printed up. HB often asks why I still print up photos when you can just look at them on your pc, well it certainly is a way of protecting them from losing them forever. I will most definitely be more dilligent now about saving things, most esp the precious photos of my family and we bought a power surge arrestor power board which should keep our new pc safe.

Edited by TubularBelle
I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

Judy that is AWESOME!!!

Well on Thursday we had a power failure ...

Do you still have the hard disk from the PC that blew, Blue <_< ?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Ohh yes don't assume you've lost those pictures.

If the PC "Blew up" - then it's normally either the power supply / motherboard / processor that goes all of which will turn your PC into a doorstop if it happens but normally the hard drive is fine. Best thing to do is to get a PC savvy friend to pop it into their PC as a slave drive (no jokes please!) and see if they can read the contents.

Should be able to get them back, I've done it for people before now.

Good luck!

And even when you cant read the Hard drive as a slave drive (seciond drive) there are still tools that can extract files and numeous ways of reviving a sick one. I would suggest you make a post in the technical area of AN for help.

Also to ease your loss of so many pics a little, here's a fiesty little friend for you.

dog2.jpg

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Ohh yes don't assume you've lost those pictures.

If the PC "Blew up" - then it's normally either the power supply / motherboard / processor that goes all of which will turn your PC into a doorstop if it happens but normally the hard drive is fine. Best thing to do is to get a PC savvy friend to pop it into their PC as a slave drive (no jokes please!) and see if they can read the contents.

Should be able to get them back, I've done it for people before now.

Good luck!

My thinking exactly. Pop the HD into the new pc and you will probably be able to read it. I wonder if the thing spins up?

Time for a picture, too much blethering going on in here. I took this on Bastille Day (July 14) last year. There was a fireworks display on the beach.

I have not done any editing to these apart from levels and maybe a little sharpening.

P7140018.jpg

I have more like this I can post if you like.

I have more like this I can post if you like.

Well I dont think anyone here has ever said "no" to comment such as that....so go for it!!..:D

I just reworked your pic, hope you dont mind...sometimes I just cant resist it.

cleaned.jpg

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Great photo, great reworking!

Steve, would you please explain what you've done? Cheers.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Well I dont think anyone here has ever said "no" to comment such as that....so go for it!!..:D

I just reworked your pic, hope you dont mind...sometimes I just cant resist it.

No not at all. I only ever do levels and a resize before posting pics. If you want the original higher res file to play with you can have it too.

Edited by corydoras