Photo Of The Day.

Guest Ferret1959

Guest franticfisherman2

:) Super boats Cliff! Here's a couple of shots taken in Bergamo near Milan where I took wor lass for our first wedding anniversary last week;

bergamo0355vq.jpg

bergamo0278oh.jpg

:) Super boats Cliff! Here's a couple of shots taken in Bergamo near Milan where I took wor lass for our first wedding anniversary last week;

Great architecture, went to Milan about 20 years ago, all I saw was a few dark streets at night, we were manning a Hi Fi trade show in the day :(

Cliff

Thought I'd add this image here. I originally entered it into the challenge, until I remembered that I'd cloned 'Mother' duck out (and not very well at that!) and heavy pp work isn't allowed ....

shadow9jn.jpg

Looks good to me! Any chance of posting the original with Mother Duck in situ? I don't have access to Photoshop but it never ceases to amaze me what can be done with it. Maybe Christmas :bounce:

....Here's to swimming with bow-legged women....

Some more colour from the ever changing landscape of the Lake District. :)

Purrple.jpg

This is from "Swineside", off the beaten track and mostly unknown or visited by tourists. :)

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Another Goldfinch :)

Coolingoff2res.jpg

Got setup manually, focus/aperture/shutter speed......had about 1.5 seconds warning as the bird landed, grabbed a beakfull of water, and shot off :)

Den

Edited by poledark

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Excellent shot Den, I think it's about time someone picked 'Wild Birds' as a Photo Comp theme, don't you?!

I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

Another Goldfinch :)

Coolingoff2res.jpg

Got setup manually, focus/aperture/shutter speed......had about 1.5 seconds warning as the bird landed, grabbed a beakfull of water, and shot off :)

Den

Cracking shot of the Goldfinch Den, very envious!

I've been trying to entice the 'bandits' into my garden for some time, & whilst we get the occasional one they won't come in in any numbers. I tried Niger seed because it's supposed to be a la carte Finch nosh, but to no avail & to be honest nothing else seems to like the stuff....any suggestions.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

goldfinches,siskins and serrins all gobble my niger seeds and sunflower hearts!!!!! perhaps you need to look at the position of the feeders also have you seen goldfinches in the garden? prior to putting the feeders up.... cracking shot Den.....

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

If it is of any help to you both, water is the key. I have a pumped stream with a couple of pools for the birds (all types) to bathe and drink in. Normally loads of different birds use it. Usually only get a couple of G/Finches though.

Because of the hose ban and heatlosses I stopped using it and it ran dry...................birds came a'looking and found no water..............after a few visits they switched to the pond margins, deliberately made shallow for them to bathe in.

Goldfinches only stop for a couple of seconds at a time, so it is a case of waiting for the fleeting chance which seems to come about every 30 mins or so.

I have sat glued to my TV screen all day and got two reasonable shots (one you have seen) several other "visits" were in a different part of the pond margin, at one time there were twoin nice posing positions, but outside the camera shot :)

So it ain't easy, especially if you have limited time.

Den

Edited by poledark

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic