Hooking yourself !!!

Snatcher

Come on lads own up,we should get a giggle or three from this one.

My first real goodun happened whilst flyfishing the Tyne with a strong wind at my back. Was going for distance and double hauling when whack,a size 12 Bluezulu in my right ear,in up to the hilt.As luck would have it the doctors in the village was open and he kindly cut it out for me. Went straight back to the river,tied the same fly back on and pulled out a couple of dace on it!

The next one worth mentioning was again on the river,managed to stick a size 6 in my palm(funny how you remember the hook size) Did not have a pal withme to push it through so had to do it myself. I was on ages working up the courage to do it. That was the easy bit,cutting off the point with duff pliers took an eternity

Funiest was last year. Was popping for bass on the Mull of Galloway with my pal Freddie. Got the popper stuck in some surface weed so was having a real good tug on the mono when it suddenly came flying out of the water and stuck in the top of my head. Oh dear "Freddie can you get this out mate" he said it would hurt as it was past the barbs. Yes it did hurt and it was like a butchers shop. Freddies Mrs thought I had been in a road accident when she seen me :)

Come on then chaps lets hear about your hookups!

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just one, but it was a belter...

Flyfishing down the canal for pike quite a few years back with some mates, and a strong sidewind picked up as i was casting. A big old cats whisker went right into my scalp! It had went right through my cap and stuck on! Well the hat wouldnt come off, so my pals had the bright idea of cutting it off, leaving a square patch of fabric where the fly was that just wouldnt snp off. No one was home to come and get me iether, so me and pals walked through a very busy edinburgh city centre with my big white fluffy thing and bit of my cap attatched! It was comical. You want to have heard the giggles from the nurses at sick kids hospital as i walked onto the operating table. It was well and truly stuck and took skill not to get it caught on my skull, aparently. No real damage, just a tiny wee scar :D:D

Tight Lines

Shaun

Nice one Spur-Hound

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

recent boat trip helped a novice untangle his feathers from his coat only to then unknowingly hook myself in the hand just as i cast my weight out it was ok tho' the hook pulled clean out and the extra bit of blood scent on the hooks landed me a 3 1/2 lb pollack

onlt took 20 mins. to stop the bleeding :D

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics