Hooking yourself !!!

Snatcher

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sand Tiger's method is a good one - I once had to do that with the treble of a salmon tube fly, with two hooks in my finger.

The worst bit was the five seconds of mustering enough bottle to yank on the line :rolleyes::rolleyes:

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Took my father out on a boat uptiding, and as one of the others was casting, he looked round just as the cast went out, and the wire from the grip lead caught him between the eyes and ripped open upwards into his hair line, I thought he had lost an eye from the amount of blood, but once we had dried out the sockets, it was just a really nasty cut, but as we were about 20 miles out, the skipper called for the coastguard to come and pick him up, with me being the nearest relative we both went up in the Sea King, with my Dad looking like Gunga Din with all these tea towels wrapped around his head, it didnt finish there either, apparently the coastguard were giving a display to the mayor of Southend at the time and when they got the shout, all the local reporters rushed down to Southend General to see what was going on, when the chopper landed they put my Dad onto one of those trolleys with wheels, but one of the wheels got stock in a hole or something and the whole thing collapsed and my Dad rolled into a flower bed, fair to say he swore a bit as he couldnt see what was happening, it was all in the local paper, the headline was some like "rescuers dump man in roses" or something like that anyway.

Having read these I think I might give up fishing and take up something safe... like crocodile wrestling or rodeo riding :D

[ 22. August 2005, 03:20 PM: Message edited by: David.W ]

I've been to Scrabster... and I want to go back!!!

I am suprised there is anyone left alive on this forum after reading some of the posts

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy